"To keep the review thread clean..."

Please, have a look and see what you make out of the whole unity in its new arrangement, if you have the time. :)
Pelegrino, thank you for your response. In order to involve me I'd like to ask you to help me by providing the relevant links directly, explicitly, in your respective posts; and even by mentioning "senna"--just once would be enough :)-- per such post. Otherwise you can call me seena, or SJ, etc. (any time you want to :). The point is that I will go on searching for the posts which mention me. Then it'd be easier if I search for just one key word "senna".

PS. Pelegrino, make sure that your energy will not be spent on excuses, that some energy will be left for poetry :).
PPS. The combination of "heart" + "coaching" + "natural selection" doesn't seem promising.

Best regards,

Last edited:
am most deeply honoured by GM's Compliments on " ......Truth" & thanx to Tazz too for commenting on same
Thank you Painedlove for commentin' on & " Fave" ing Mother Durga BDSM

Last edited:
Pelegrino, thank you for your response. In order to involve me I'd like to ask you to help me by providing the relevant links directly, explicitly, in your respective posts; and even by mentioning "senna"--just once would be enough :)-- per such post. Otherwise you can call me seena, or SJ, etc. (any time you want to :). The point is that I will go on searching for the posts which mention me. Then it'd be easier if I search for just one key word.

PS. Pelegrino, make sure that your energy will not be spent on excuses, that some will be left for poetry :).

PPS. The combination of "heart" + "coaching" + "natural selection" doesn't seem promising.

Best regards,

Hi, SJ, I'm not sure why you missed my links, they were all done with the underlined active word "here" in order to direct you to what I wanted you to have a look.
Again, my previous post is here.
I hope this time it's clear.
:)

I'm not sure what the forum rules are about calling someone an Ass Clown but I do know npr is for recommendations not depravations . comments go here, so there!

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the forum rules are about calling someone an Ass Clown but I do know npr is for recommendations not depravations . comments go here
What's your problem HarryHill? Never mind, it was a rhetorical question.

Now you can bark at me all you want. You've earned to be ignored. Actually, you did already some time ago. Actually, you and your barking at me were ignored by me already for quite some time. Now go happy, continue to bark at me from time to time--you're ignored (officially :)).

Last edited:
What's your problem HarryHill? Never mind, it was a rhetorical question.

Now you can bark at me all you want. You've earned to be ignored. Actually, you did already some time ago. Actually, you and your barking at me were ignored by me already for quite some time. Now go happy, continue to bark at me from time to time--you're ignored (officially :)).

I'm crushed :eek:

methinks he doth protest too much :rolleyes:

the trouble with poets like senna is that they wildly overestimate their own talent and then use it as a yardstick by which to measure others'. naturally, the perspective is skewed. in my ever so humble opinion, of course.

I'm not sure what the forum rules are about calling someone an Ass Clown but I do know npr is for recommendations not depravations . comments go here

Harry , I totally agree with you : New Poetry Reco . as the very name suggests are about recommendations Not Put-Downs !!??

Hi, SJ, I'm not sure why you missed my links, they were all done with the underlined active word "here" in order to direct you to what I wanted you to have a look.
Pelegrino, it's been almost two years since I malfunction a bit. Please, be patient if you can.
Again, my previous post is here.
I hope this time it's clear.
:)
Indeed.

In general, as a writer, you have two hats (plus you are a musician, etc). On one hand you are a lyricist, who has great potential. On the other hand, you're trying to tell the word about how the world is. As a poet, nobody has such right, and it leads to lousy texts. You can and should report things (in the human+Nature dimension) but you cannot spell your views (as a poet). When you mix the two styles nothing consistent comes out of it. A poet has to be honest, modest, and artistically confident at the same time. Someone who wears a politician hat cannot be a poet. The louder they clap for a politician the worse it is (poetically). BTW, I do what I preach. I will even append my Eintein's window to the Political Poetry thread.

You may still be extremely successful as a song writer. Lennon was despite the garbage he wrote half of the time or more. (He did have linguistic abilities but otherwise his brain was fried at a primitive level). Thus many popular songs are hopeless as poetry. Some even have interesting elements but not poetically consistent, i.e. they have awfully weak phrases here and there. Finally, some of the best poetry was written first, and set to music afterwards. Some of them are hits, and some are only so-so popular. To conclude my general comment I am concerned in my writings about poems only in poetry (well--90% of the time). It's hard for me to take into account that oh-well, this is just a song, and not a poem. I am in our poetic discussions not much interested in the song-business aspect. Even if I knew about the song-business writing (which I am don't) I would still separate a poetic discussion from a song-writing discussion.

Let me add, that, as most of the people, I don't pay attention to the lyrics most of the time. There would be disco hits, and all words that I remember would be just a female name repeated over and over; or a catchy phrase--it doesn't have to be an interesting phrase, just catchy.

Best,

Last edited:
Ida

Hearty Congrats Senna on your countryman winning an Oscar for Best Foreign Language film !!
Thank you, Ashesh, great news. Movie Ida won, and in great style. I thought that it was just a possibility, but now it got a bunch of awards, not just the main one.

Years ago my good friend (we attended the same school from grade 3 to the graduation after grade 11) got an Oscar nomination for his documentary. He got a lot of other international awards but in the case of Oscar he was only nominated. I have appeared in one of his movies (not nominated but it also got an award :)), in 1991. My friends at work in Texas claimed that I looked like a sex star :).

Last edited:
Hearty Congrats !!

Thank you, Ashesh, great news. Movie Ida won, and in great style. I thought that it was just a possibility, but now it got a bunch of awards, not just the main one.

Years ago my good friend (we attended the same school from grade 3 to the graduation after grade 11) got an Oscar nomination for his documentary. He got a lot of other international awards but in the case of Oscar he was only nominated. I have appeared in one of his movies (not nominated but it also got an award :)), in 1991. My friends at work in Texas claimed that I looked like a sex star :).

Hearty Congrats again to you in Particular & Mother Poland in General -----Bharat Mata says Namaskar , Sister to Mother Poland !!!

Indeed.

In general, as a writer, you have two hats (plus you are a musician, etc). On one hand you are a lyricist, who has great potential. On the other hand, you're trying to tell the word about how the world is. As a poet, nobody has such right, and it leads to lousy texts. You can and should report things (in the human+Nature dimension) but you cannot spell your views (as a poet). When you mix the two styles nothing consistent comes out of it. A poet has to be honest, modest, and artistically confident at the same time. Someone who wears a politician hat cannot be a poet. The louder they clap for a politician the worse it is (poetically). BTW, I do what I preach. I will even append my Eintein's window to the Political Poetry thread.

You may still be extremely successful as a song writer. Lennon was despite the garbage he wrote half of the time or more. (He did have linguistic abilities but otherwise his brain was fried at a primitive level). Thus many popular songs are hopeless as poetry. Some even have interesting elements but not poetically consistent, i.e. they have awfully weak phrases here and there. Finally, some of the best poetry was written first, and set to music afterwards. Some of them are hits, and some are only so-so popular. To conclude my general comment I am concerned in my writings about poems only in poetry (well--90% of the time). It's hard for me to take into account that oh-well, this is just a song, and not a poem. I am in our poetic discussions not much interested in the song-business aspect. Even if I knew about the song-business writing (which I am don't) I would still separate a poetic discussion from a song-writing discussion.

Let me add, that, as most of the people, I don't pay attention to the lyrics most of the time. There would be disco hits, and all words that I remember would be just a female name repeated over and over; or a catchy phrase--it doesn't have to be an interesting phrase, just catchy.

Best,

Thanks for your views, Seena.
I don't agree with a word you say about songs/poems in general or my songs/poems in particular, but I don't have time to expand, sorry for this.
We have different views completely about what and how to say to the world.
Anyway, it does not mean that I don't take your views into account, so do not think that you wasted your time. :)
I read your "Einstein" poem in the other thread. Very finely distilled feelings in the "opaque shades" of non existence! I enjoyed it,

to Pel & Senna

Thanks for your views, Seena.
I don't agree with a word you say about songs/poems in general or my songs/poems in particular, but I don't have time to expand, sorry for this.
We have different views completely about what and how to say to the world.
Anyway, it does not mean that I don't take your views into account, so do not think that you wasted your time. :)
I read your "Einstein" poem in the other thread. Very finely distilled feelings in the "opaque shades" of non existence! I enjoyed it,

Poland & Greece
it's Great :
You are @ Peace !!

Thanks to Ashesh9 for commenting on and recommending On Free Market Values.
Causing controversy was not my aim, talking about something as controversial as free market and how it's evaluated by two opposing views, within the limits imposed by a formal song, was.
;)

Thanks, Seena Jawa, for recommending Leafy And Green and for the comments you made. It is very honorable of you, considering our latest exchanges in the forum.
It has emotional value for me this song cause my girl friend used to like it, it is an Allegretto valse in 6/8 time.
About the rhyming, I hope you don’t make the same mistake as other non-musician poets often do by considering as good rhymes the written versions of the words. I have often declared that rhyme in poetry begun as a sonic phenomenon and that has not changed over the centuries.
So "sin" and "green" sound near enough to me, by listening to native english speakers of all shorts.

So "sin" and "green" sound near enough to me, by listening to native english speakers of all shorts.
With my eternally foreign background I am certainly alert to and aware not only of the drawbacks but also of the advantages presented by having another language in the background of English. Thank you, pelegrino, for your reply.

wanna' thank my countrywoman Painedlove for the nice compliments she's been rainin' on Mother Durga BDSM : also thanx to TJDHall2 for fave-in Theory of Nothin' . & Thank You Senna for writin' about Theory of Nothin' in NPR .
Senna dunno' how to post elegant links to Poems , sorry.

Want to thank GM for likin' Theory of Nothin' & helpin' the Poem evolve into something better !
Also thank you Pel for likin' & commentin' on the Theory of Nothin' !!

Thank you PainedLove for likin' " Happiness is....."
Shukriya : aap se bhi khubsoorat aap ki andaz hai !!!

Back