"To keep the review thread clean..."

My sincere thanks to gm and GP for their comments on Glass Houses, and to Angeline, gm, and rosilindjune for their comments on Sonoran Quietude. I appreciate your reading and liking and giving me good feedback. :rose::rose::rose:

About titles... I will start another thread.

Thank you Anonymous for your perceptive comments on Tiger Tragedy . I really liked your opinion " a Poem needs to have a message or it's just pretty words "!!!

Thank you Erectus for sharing your grief on my poem RIP Prince...& RIP Chyna too

& thank you Susan Snow for commentin' on RIP Prince......& Chyna too

Last edited:
A quick thank you to legerdemer for commenting on Quadraphonic Overpowerment.

As to gasconading, it's long been a word that I've loved but rarely been able to find a setting where it feels appropriate. I learned it in my English class in 6th or 7th grade, or somewhere thereabouts, and fell in love with the sound and texture of it, especially in relation to its meaning. It just sounds like a bombastic, boasting word by itself, and fits with that meaning perfectly, while sounding rich and colorful and exciting all on its own. It fits perfectly with the howlingly boastful ones I had in mind while writing, which made me happy.

Thanks, Greenmountaineer, for your comments on my poem, His Offering. I could not think of a better word than 'suckle' and had to employ some poetic license. I'll think of another to replace it.

BTW, Sonoran Quietude will become Sonoran Harmony when the edit goes through.

Mer, I like the title change! The new title invokes a feeling before reading the poem.

Many thanks to Ashesh, tazz, and gm for their comments on Beltane, to AH for favoring it, and to gm for pointing it out here (or rather in the NPR thread). It was indeed fun to play with fire. :rose:

Ashesh, you don't need to thank me for including Kamadeva. I didn't do it to be PC - it was important for the poem to make the point of universality. But I'm glad you noticed. :rose:

More thanks, to TOKUQINN for liking Beltane.

And to AMoveableBeast, thanks for stopping by, reading Glass Houses and leaving a very nice comment on it.:rose:

Last edited:
Thank you all for comments and favorites of my Japanese word poems. I appreciate the time you gave and the tidbits of poetry wisdom. :heart:

many thanks to Mer " for obeying the Poem" re: Thank you Hunny Sweetypie !!

And thank you, Ash, for your comment on His Myth of Love :rose: - do I need contortion directions for viewing the Shiva-Lingam?

AlwaysHungry, my thanks to you as well - glad you liked HMoL as well. :rose::rose:

By the way, if anyone wonders about the formatting - it was all done in Gmail, then copy-pasted over. It looked in the preview of the poem that the formatting did not hold, so I screwed around with html commands in the first stanza, then gave up - that's why the first stanza is missing what would would have been there had I not bothered to try to fix anything. Sorry for the blurt - got that off my chest now. *shrug*

Thanks also to HoneyAdored and GuiltyPleasure for their kind comments on His Myth of Love. :rose::rose::rose:

And to tazz for his usual enigma wrapped up in a mystery...

Wowwww !!!

Have taken the liberty of reproducin' GM's comments here -----

PS

The fractured English of the title is intriguing. I thought of how people stereotype others, in this case, the Chinese. It added to the satire of how unique things (or people) are in spite of apparent sameness. Maybe you didn't intend this, but that made the short poem say so much more to me.

------WOWWWW !!! High Praise from GM himself on my ' all look same......' !!! Thanx , GM , you made my day , week , month , year !!!!!

thank you all !!!

Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you !
there are sooo many persons to thank & i'm really overwhelmed with the response to my " 12-worder " !!!
Thanx , Wakin' for the comment'n the 'favouriting' : I'm giving a detailed reply to your extremely analytical as well as emotional comment [ left-side 'n right-side of brain functioned excellently in synch to produce that !!]
Thank you both GM & Wakin' for the recos !
Thank you Angie & thank you Susan for your kind encouragement !!

Last edited:
Thank you, gm, for the kind words on Longing - and I completely agree with you on your quibble - speaking of clichés. I should have stopped at "around you" and called it done. Sometimes I can't see the obvious till it hits me in the face (no no, I don't meant it that way!).

Thanks to GM, AlwaysHungry, Guilty (GP), Mer, Calli, taz and Ange for reading, commenting and suggestions fo my poem, Say it Japanese poem series, "Hanakotoba". Thanks for pointing out the the grammar error Ange, I missed that one! I'm going to keep that last line since orchids in the language of flowers means love. I like a bit quirky and then my kid likes her poem.

I'll fix my boo-boo in my personal files, sometimes I will go back to edit on Literotica, but it really is kind of a pain in the butt to submit revisions. However, revisions on Lit negate some comments and I don't like doing that so the stay usually (then I'm lazy too).

Thank you GP for liking Sun dappled Wall & Neon & Tazz for commenting on Hand whips Butt ( illustrated )
ps pssst Neon : hv replied to your comment on the comments sction of NP

Thank you Tazz for the cluster of belated comments on 15th May on my illustrated poems Shooting Needle ....spine , the Theory of Nothing , Black coffee...White moon !

Thank U , Erectus for for your 23rd Nov. comments on In Flagrante Delicatio ( illustrated) & His Belt flashes Southwards...(illustrated )

Sorry i did'nt see your comments till now ......

Last edited:
Thank you to gm for his in-depth comments on Saudade: 'debris' is a terrific idea. On why I gave the definition of Saudade - I went back and forth about it; I guess it was sort of pandering to those who for whatever reason would not go the distance. I thought the poem does a pretty fair job of describing the feeling, but I wanted readers to see for themselves, rather than simply assume it was "straight-up" melancholy. But yes - leaving it out might have been better.

Thanks also to Neo, for his kind comment on the same poem - if it was indeed a bit disconcerting, then I think it did its job. Thank you, sir.

:rose::rose::rose: to both of you

Thank you, Piscator - I am very glad that you liked Saudade. :rose::rose:

I also listen to Cesaria Evora very often, a favorite. Gorgeous voice. (Brings me to mind of the fado singing of Amalia Rodriguez, if you know her, but more recently of Ana Moura - you may enjoy her as well).

I can't take your suggestion, however - I use "soothe" just two lines above "saves" in the poem. I will think on it some more.

Thank you, Mer for your comment on "Kokuhaku"! :rose:

On a side note, kokuhaku means confession, declaring love and/or hopes to start dating, which both teenagers and adults do in Japan often in a arranged meeting/going out for drinks. A bit amusing to me but in a sweet way.

Back