♫ Happy Birthday Angeline ♫

Happy B'day Ms. Ange

*slips on tap shoes and top hat*

(to the tune of that Andrews Sisters ditty)

She’s a boogie woogie bugle girl from New Jersey
Mad Jewess skillz crowns her the Queen of Bagelry
She wields a pen lightning fast
Epicuriously, she’s at the top of her class
Taking up blogging now
Studying Cheffery
She’s the boogie woogie Poet Chick
From New Jerseeeeeeey

:D

Some goodies to cap off the day’s festivities:

A Slice of Birthday Porkpie
A Posse Cut for McPoet
May 31
A Jazzy Journey
What More Can I Say?
:rose:

She's our local Goddess of Jazz and delicately sexy poetry. Loved by one and all. Patron (Matron) saint of Homemade Bagels. and so on.

hope that helps.
bj

She's also very very rude but it only slips out occassionally (read that as you may!) at times a calming influence but then again very irreverent, keeps the spark in us all alive and I have no idea what we would do without her

BR%20Birthday%20Bagel%20copy.jpg

Hope it was happy!!!

Sassy, you rock! I think we were separated at birth. I lovvve Dinah Washington, and that classic film montage set to Sing, Sing, Sing is awesome--I'll be watching that one over and over. Thank you.

Thank you, bluebell. I'm always glad to see you here.

And ditto for you, Equi. I'm probably going to throw a slew of Asian form poetry questions at you soon. Tell me if I innundate you too much!

J, kisses and thank you. That's a totally appropriate "cake" for me. So good to have you back and be able to read you here again.

:kiss:

Yup, that's me. I'm all about the jazz and the bagels. :p

Pleased to meet you.I like jazz and bagels too.I like to refer to it as jagelism.

I like that old Billie Holiday song 'Travelin light'.A very pretty melody.What a voice.

Pleased to meet you.I like jazz and bagels too.I like to refer to it as jagelism.

I like that old Billie Holiday song 'Travelin light'.A very pretty melody.What a voice.

Well call me a jagelist then. I made a batch of bagels this morning--and I was listening to Miles' Sketches of Spain the whole time.

I think my favorite Billie Holiday is this version of Blue Moon. She makes an old song that used to bore me to tears an exciting, jazzy revelation. I love Ella and Sarah Vaughn and many other jazz singers, but Lady Day was in a class of her own.

If you come to the UK I will take you to The Stables which was founded by Dame Cleo Laine and Sir John Dankworth originally in out buildings at there home, recent concert highlights including Joan Armatrading, Courtney Pine, Bill Wyman, Dave Brubeck, Nigel Kennedy, Beth Neilsen Chapman, Paul Carrack, Nils Lofgren, Eric Bibb, Steve Hackett, Antonio Forcione, Evelyn Glennie, Walter Trout, Thea Gilmore, Suzanne Vega, Cerys Matthews, Kate Rusby, Nerina Pallot and Nuru Kane

If you come to the UK I will take you to The Stables which was founded by Dame Cleo Laine and Sir John Dankworth originally in out buildings at there home, recent concert highlights including Joan Armatrading, Courtney Pine, Bill Wyman, Dave Brubeck, Nigel Kennedy, Beth Neilsen Chapman, Paul Carrack, Nils Lofgren, Eric Bibb, Steve Hackett, Antonio Forcione, Evelyn Glennie, Walter Trout, Thea Gilmore, Suzanne Vega, Cerys Matthews, Kate Rusby, Nerina Pallot and Nuru Kane

Ok. I'm on my way. Let's see Joan Armatrading first. I just love her!

IF ONLY...

*slips on tap shoes and top hat*

(to the tune of that Andrews Sisters ditty)

She’s a boogie woogie bugle girl from New Jersey
Mad Jewess skillz crowns her the Queen of Bagelry
She wields a pen lightning fast
Epicuriously, she’s at the top of her class
Taking up blogging now
Studying Cheffery
She’s the boogie woogie Poet Chick
From New Jerseeeeeeey

:D

Some goodies to cap off the day’s festivities:

A Slice of Birthday Porkpie
A Posse Cut for McPoet