Any Paris people in here?

M's girl said:
Just wanted to bump this one to see if there were any (new?) people who could share Paris info. We just came back from France (not Paris) so I'm quite in the French mood ;)

Not new, but not from Paris (from the area of Toulouse actually) and I haven't been in the French forums for a long time.

Best of luck, I hope someone will be able to help you. :)

an american in paris for last 40 years

Hi - Bonjour -

I am a widower - live in 14° arrondissement (Denfert Rochereau)

what sort of information do you want

Bonjour à toutes et à tous (Hi everyone),

I'm parisian-born and have a passion for food and wine. I've been giving this thread some thought before sending my two cents.

Something nice about Paris (like any other major capital) is that you can find local and exotic cuisine. Here's a taste of both :

French :
Le Comptoir du Relais (Philippe Camdeborde), 9 carrefour de l'Odéon, 6th arrondissement, métro Odéon. French bistrot cuisine at its best. Reservation for diner only. If you intend to have lunch there, be there at noon, no sooner and no later. 35€, 42€ at diner.

L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon, 5 rue de Montalembert, 7th arrondissement, métro Rue du Bac. The name says it all... Reservation for 1130am and 1830pm only. 60 to 100€, wine included.

Les Bouquinistes, 53 Quai des Grands Augustins, 6th arrondissement, métro Saint-Michel. A Guy Savoy restaurant. Same cuisine and wines as the *** main restaurant without truffe and foie gras. Lunch menus à 25 and 28€. Grand menu at 70€.

Japanese :
Isami, 4 Quai d'Orléans, 4th arrondissement. Best sushis in town. Nothing but sushis and sashimi. Prices range from 25 to 55€.

Italian :
I Golosi, 6 rue de la Grange-Batelière, 9th arrondissement, métro Grands Boulevards. Italian but no pizzas. Nice italian wine list. 30 to 45€.

Best Club Sandwich In Town :
So far, the Ritz.

Best Breakfast in Town :
Le Cinq, Hotel Four Seasons George V. Everyday till 1030am. Choice of French, American and Japanese with a lot of extras. Prices range from 40€ to....

Last edited:
Back