Anyone from the UK?

Can somebody of you native speakers explain the difference between ghost and spirit to me please?

(Seeing the spirit=Schnaps jokes coming)

one and the same, essentially. There may be small differences, but in the haunting sense, the same. A ghost may, possibly, mean a physical manifestation (as in, people claim to see it) and a spirit as a presence.

that would be my take on it.

we like to have numerous names for the some thing, it comes from having a language formed of others - some foods have a different name from being cooked to raw, which originates from Normans.

we also do it to confuse people. including ourselves

one and the same, essentially. There may be small differences, but in the haunting sense, the same. A ghost may, possibly, mean a physical manifestation (as in, people claim to see it) and a spirit as a presence.

that would be my take on it.

we like to have numerous names for the some thing, it comes from having a language formed of others - some foods have a different name from being cooked to raw, which originates from Normans.

we also do it to confuse people. including ourselves
Yeah... "Imagine there's no heaven, above us only sky". That would never work I'm German.

Ghosts/spirits/entities … in lay terms, interchangeable terms for same things: spoops

In parapsychology: there are distinctions but very nuanced. Visual apparitions, what you commonly think of as a ghost, are rare.

I restrain myself from full nerding out.

Afternoon all.

Just back from my monthly sport massage. What have I missed?

A US guy gloating about July 4th, and then some etymological stuff. Nothing to worry about...

Back