Anyone from the UK?

egads,,, a whole Biathlon season away!
I get the idea of fucking about with clocks if it made any sense, like in WW2 they needed to carry on making stuff until 10pm so they had double summer time. But now? Kids get driven to work; more people work from home so I can't see the point, apart from giving the population a kick in the smallies to remind them they can't afford to fly off to the Caribbean for winter.
Vote Sticks and enjoy unmolested clocks all year round

I get the idea of fucking about with clocks if it made any sense, like in WW2 they needed to carry on making stuff until 10pm so they had double summer time. But now? Kids get driven to work; more people work from home so I can't see the point, apart from giving the population a kick in the smallies to remind them they can't afford to fly off to the Caribbean for winter.
Let's have decimal clocks!

Had to reread that last line, thought you'd gone off on a tangent..clocks, got it now.

Absolutely. Had to Google the location I wasn't familiar with it. Will you be learning skinny skiing?

won't be learning any skiing - despite my hints to my Norge friends that i would love to do it. I could buy some roller skis and go on the road, but fear british drivers won't be as forgiving as Norwegian ones to someone doing that on "their" road.

Holmenkollen is great, a metro ride from the centre of Oslo.

won't be learning any skiing - despite my hints to my Norge friends that i would love to do it. I could buy some roller skis and go on the road, but fear british drivers won't be as forgiving as Norwegian ones to someone doing that on "their" road.

Holmenkollen is great, a metro ride from the centre of Oslo.
It's not the British drivers I'd be worried out, well they're a close second, it's the appalling state of our roads if you're brave enough to use roller ski's.

The Europeans have got it nailed for enjoying outdoor activities; we're catching up but we're still in the dark ages by comparison.

Back