As America becomes more stratified, are we seeing more "throuple" relationships? Should we?

I don’t believe, for one second, that any woman is spending her time with you on purpose. I simply don’t believe it.

That being said. My kid has been emptying the trash bin since he was like 10 years old. How embarrassing to be an entire adult and still need instructions.
It seems like you misunderstand what I write, getting only a small percentage of it, then fill in the remaining portion with things you hate that came from other people to complete a fantasy profile of me you can hate because that pleases you.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to enjoy a dialogue and learn something.

Feel free to adjust the arbitrary number you dreamed up but I'm still not going to take you or your position seriously. You invented a statistic based on nothing to make it look like your position has some evidence to back it up when it's actually based on nothing but bad faith arguments and 1950s sexism.

There might actually be some real statistics somewhere out there that might, might, back you up but you couldn't be bothered to check and just thought you'd make some up and expect to be taken at your word. It's lazy, and you've let yourself down.
The next time someone says "99% of the time..." go ahead and expect them spend an hour giving you a power-point presentation on thier sources. It's obviously a personal feeling rooted in thier observations.

It seems like you misunderstand what I write, getting only a small percentage of it, then fill in the remaining portion with things you hate that came from other people to complete a fantasy profile of me you can hate because that pleases you.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to enjoy a dialogue and learn something.
Nah. I knew what I needed to know when you claimed that America was a matriarchy because women acquired a bit of agency over their own lives. You’re not a serious person and this isn’t a serious discussion.

There was a recent study in the UK that showed 60% of young men had listened to Andrew Tate enough to be familiar with him, and 17%-25% (varied by age) agreed with him. That’s a horrifying statistic.

It’s important to remember that Tate and those like him are predators. As much as they prey on young women and girls, they also prey on boys and young men who feel isolated and alone. A LOT of kids lost really important socializing time during the worst of Covid. While it was challenging for everyone, it was disproportionately difficult for kids who are, say, under 24ish. They lost a year plus of when they would have been learning how to interact with each other. It made many of them very vulnerable to the likes of Tate, and the vast number of horrible men with microphones and podcasts that spew the most misogynistic things you could imagine.

I’ve seen the shift here, even with the demographics of this place leaning so much older than that. There aren’t many, but the attitude this OP is displaying is not unique to him. It’s spreading, and it won’t end well for men if it continues.
You can't have men ever share thier feelings, eh? Those uppity men need to know thier place...

I'm really hearing the confirmation from you.

Just be honest and tell me what you think men might be good for.

You can't have men ever share thier feelings, eh? Those uppity men need to know thier place...

A few posts ago, you claimed to not know Andrew Tate, and now you’re defending him and claiming that he wants men to share their feelings? Jesus Christ, the Google is free.

To be clear, I fully support men seeking therapy and talking about their feelings. I am 100% in favor of eliminating any stigma that pertains to mental health care.

Two posts earlier than this you accused @KatieDoes of laying her own narrative over what you were saying and here you are doing exactly that. You're argument is straw men and shadows which doesn't hold up to the slightest scrutiny.

This is absolutely bizarre to me, and the reason I need a second husband like I need a fucking hole in my head.

If several people are living together as a family, wouldn’t ALL of the adults in the family rise to the occasion and provide extra care to the family member who is ill?

I simply can’t wrap my head around being jealous that someone in my family who has cancer is getting more attention than me.
So many men leave their recently diagnosed wives, it’s taught in medical school as something to prepare female patients for.

Make it make sense?
Overhead in pediatric ICU, man to the mom of the child undergoing care:
"Come on. Let's go. We have spent too much time in here. You need to spend time with me."

Yeah. Wow.

Overhead in pediatric ICU, man to the mom of the child undergoing care:
"Come on. Let's go. We have spent too much time in here. You need to spend time with me."

Yeah. Wow.
That guy, a year later, to his friends: ‘The divorce came out of nowhere. I had no idea she wasn’t happy’.

A few posts ago, you claimed to not know Andrew Tate, and now you’re defending him and claiming that he wants men to share their feelings? Jesus Christ, the Google is free.

To be clear, I fully support men seeking therapy and talking about their feelings. I am 100% in favor of eliminating any stigma that pertains to mental health care.
True, I didn't look him up.

I assumed from what you say about him he's a pro men's rights guy.

Two posts earlier than this you accused @KatieDoes of laying her own narrative over what you were saying and here you are doing exactly that. You're argument is straw men and shadows which doesn't hold up to the slightest scrutiny.
You mean me coming to the conclusion Katie (and much of society) doesn't think men are good for much? You could be correct.

Why are you speaking for her, anyway? You think she needs you to make her points? She clearly doesn't.

My argument at this point is that young men aren't doing well and few people care. If they even notice.

I was just trying to examine possible solutions.

You seem to be an idiot.
I'd rather be an idiot than a condescending, offensive bully like you.

You quickly go to name-calling even before you run out of discussion material.

You are a mean person. I shouldn't have bothered trying to have a civil conversation with such a close-minded NPC.

You don't listen or have empathy. You just want to fight and name-call.

I'd rather be an idiot than a condescending, offensive bully like you.

You quickly go to name-calling even before you run out of discussion material.

You are a mean person. I shouldn't have bothered trying to have a civil conversation with such a close-minded NPC.

You don't listen or have empathy. You just want to fight and name-call.
Dude. You literally defended a sex trafficking rapist (twice) instead of looking to see who you were defending. That’s idiotic behavior. That doesn’t deserve empathy.

Your entire premise is based on falsehoods and cognitive dissonance. It’s not worth trying to change the mind of a mindless man. I’m not debating you, I’m mocking you.

Men can take responsibility for themselves. They can go to the doctor. They can seek counseling. They can prepare their own healthy diet, take care of their physical health and engage in less risky behavior. This is a men problem, and it is up to men to solve it. This is not something for women to be responsible for, (aside, of course, from the mothers of boys too young to do this for themselves).

There is an increased focus on women’s health because for hundreds of years, there wasn’t. Medical studies, safety research, health care, was all focused on men, exclusively.

* Also, your article author claims that there are 18 health initiatives for LGBTQ folks and only four for men. LGBTQ folks are also men. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Why are you speaking for her, anyway? You think she needs you to make her points? She clearly doesn't.
I clearly wasn't speaking for her I was pointing out your inconsistent arguments. Don't try to accuse me if white knighting because I'm on her side of the fence.
discussion material.

NPC is another term straight out of the incel playbook. For someone who says he's not one of them you sure sure do seem well versed in their ways of arguing their facile position.

Yes there is an issue with men and mental health but the biggest challenge they face is the kind of toxic masculinity espoused by incel culture that suggests that mental illness is a character flaw. The biggest risk to men's mental health is other men.

We do not live in a matriarchy. Women have not seized the levers of power and influence. We have simply gained enough agency to have greater control over our own individual outcomes.

There was a time when men could get away with certain behaviours without forfeiting access to romantic or sexual relationships with women. They can still engage in that behaviour. We have just come to a point where we don't have to put up with it. If I choose not to be with a man because he behaves like a neanderthal and as a result he chooses to modify his behaviour, we are both exercising our agency to make our choices. I as a woman haven't taken control and denied that man's right to make his own choice the way the patriarchy used to do with women. All I have taken control of is myself.

We do not live in a matriarchy. Women have not seized the levers of power and influence. We have simply gained enough agency to have greater control over our own individual outcomes.
As a related aside, it's predictable that if Kamala Harris wins the election (finger's crossed she does) there will be those who make the ridiculous claim that Sexism is now a thing of the past. An absurd claim to anyone paying attention. The same was said about racism when Barrack Obama was elected. ..Has progress been made since the 50's? Yes, of course.. but we have a long way to go.

Last edited:
As a related aside, it's predictable that if Kamala Harris wins the election (finger's crossed she does) there will be those who make the ridiculous claim that Sexism is now a thing of the past. An absurd claim to anyone paying attention. The same was said about racism when Barrack Obama was elected. ..Has progress been made since the 50's? Yes, of course.. but we have a long way to go.

Yes, it is unfortunate that we seem to have become stratified into thinking sexism/racism are either all pervasive or non-existent. It makes it difficult to have rationale discourse.

This thread has run it's course IMO but I wanted to share that the other day I looked up & listened to Andrew Tate.

He's a real-life POS and I'm not sure why he isn't in prison yet.

Back