Author sanity vs General insanity

Originally posted by oggbashan they would vote for a candidate who shared their views even if that candidate was dead.
Dear Ogue,
We have a significant voting bloc in this country that shares that attitude. They're called "yellow dog democrats."
Apolitically,
MG

Rhinehombre, put me back anytime. I'm honored to be featured in someone else's AV. You can make my tits a bit larger and not so perky though.

OK, let's go somewhere quiet, Perdita ;)

GB = General Board

Edited to add: Not enough to drool over per Gauche's comment on the Exhibitionism thread. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
GB = the sticker we have to put on the back of our cars when we visit the rest of Europe to show other drivers that we are driving on the wrong side of the road and might not see people trying to overtake us.

I visited Lille yesterday by Eurostar. One hour station to station and no GB sticker needed. Had lunch at a pavement cafe in the pouring rain. Still a great lunch. The cover over the next table collapsed with the weight of water on it but the table was empty.

Lille has 100,000 students and forty percent of the population is under 25. It shows. At least four McDonalds, lots of youff bars, cheap take-aways, basic restaurants with three course menus for under €8 (8 Euros) and events in the streets.

Mistake was to visit on a Monday when most of it is shut. Sunday is flea market day and Monday is for recovery. Still dozens of students dressed as peasant women collecting for Rag Week or whatever. Both sexes as peasant women. Another group having a wheelbarrow race across the main fountain basin. It appears to be difficult to walk on your hands and breathe underwater. And this was a quiet sleepy Monday. Don't want to be there next weekend when they expect a million plus visitors for the biggest flea market in Europe with 24km (they say) of stalls.

Stick a GB on your car's rump and join in with cheap wine, smelly cheese and 100,000 students "celebrating" the start of term.

Og

Back