BDSM Forum: Questions and Answers: an addition to the "general rules" kinda thougt

Re: i read a LOT of'em

DRxBlue said:

It reminded me of a line from Carol King's "Tapestry".

"Once he reached for something golden
Hanging from a tree
Bit his hand came down empty"

This made me so oddly nostalgic, Blue, that I had to tell you (and by proxy, everyone). When I was a young child, and we were so broke we were moving from relative to relative untiil my father'd get drunk and violent and we'd get kicked out, the one constant was my mother's albums. Tapestry was one of her favorites, and she, my sister, and I would sing the whole album together--sometimes while we barricaded the door against my rampaging father.

That song is like a Dickens tale for me. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" pretty well sums up the feeling evoked in my by that album, and especially that song. It's not a song you hear often, and I was just...overwhelmed by it, at least for a moment.

And that's about enough sharing for one night, I think. I'd better leave now, while I only feel mildly stupid. :rolleyes:

Don't feel stupid luv...please?

Thank you (i know it's really cliché) for sharing. That album and James Taylor's "Sweet Baby James", Joni Mitchell's "Blue" all were very bitter/sweet. (just like life)

i had a much easier life than you in many ways, but i was also very lonely and always felt "really different". (still do) i found a good deal of comfort in the sweetness that overcame the bitterness which sometimes threatened to overwhelm me.

(you don't get a cool nick like "Blue" without paying some serious dues)

But look how absurdly sweet i ended up! :D

Music hath charms...so do you. DON'T feel stupid.

Really. You're the teacher. (in a LOTTA ways)<g>

R, you're the strongest, most balanced person i know.

I'm not saying it cuz i think you need some little helping pats on your back, or your backside. I'm not saying it because you just did that bit 'o life experience thing. I'm not saying it for you, really, but for me - selfishly, almost.

I've leaned on you more in the last handful of months than i've leaned on my mother - and i've always been closer to my mother than almost anyone else on the planet. You haven't bent or wavered or gotten to the point of extrating yourself from my sticky worries and telling me to buck up, dammit. In the purest sense of the word, you've been a godsend in my life.

It's your unflinching honesty that makes you so strong, i think, your ability to laugh at and learn from the sometimes-difficult road you've travelled. You're the most honest and honorable person i've ever met.

You're a marvelous person, R. You're true gold to the core, in all ways. I'm lucky i know you, luckier still to call you my friend.
:rose:
b.

Blue: thanks, darlin'. You've been so open sharing your recent chrysalis-shedding that you make me feel inclined to be trusting--something I categorically do *not* do.

cym: b, as always, you're extravagantly kind to me. You are my missing big sister. Some people just fit from the very first moment, and from that point on your life includes them as an assumption. You are part of my life, b, and I've known it since we first spoke; you do not owe me thanks or praise for standing by someone I love. It's who I am. It comes with plenty of baggage, too; be wary of celebrating it too much. ;)

You *know* you must have touched me: I immediately got sarcastic. I hate being so predictable that even I know it. :rolleyes:

I have only been lurking here off and on, but I am going to cast a vote to disallow them. There is a board for that already, and if that's any indication, forget it.

Well, at first i though it would be ok to allow them, but after reading Cym's explanation, i have to agree with her... We have a very close nit caring community here and if we open the doors to personal ads, we may be swarmed with frauds and lose our closeness... So my vote is for no.

Back