Categories

I know this may not be exactly kosher usage of the N&N category, but which do you think most readers prefer?

A.) 10 chapters involving the same characters and a fairly coherent plot but with totally different themes, aka 1 anal, 1 group, 1 lesbian, etc. Each chapter is stuck into its respective category and to find them all together, the reader must go to the author's page.

B.) The same situation as above, but with all the chapters stuck into N&N for easy chronological access.

I opted for B because there was such variety I intended to develop between chapters that it truly would not fit in a single category and I hate scrolling through a category and seeing "Sexy Story: Chapter 5." I really never feel any desire to look up chapters 1-4 and see if it's worth getting back to 5. But that's this reader's POV and I'd be interested in hearing others.

As a reader, and unless I'm interested in a particular author for some reason, I select the stories I read either from the top list of the category I'm interested at the time or from the new stories list. Either way, I always have to go to the author's page to get the rest of the series. If I decide to do it, that is, since I assume that any short story will have sufficient internal coherence to dispense with the other chapters.

I don't think reading off a computer screen is comfortable enough for the length of a novel, and if a story is in N&N I assume I will have to read the entire series for it to make sense. So, unless I'm familiar with the author or someone recommended it to me, I'm not going to read any submission to that category.

Last edited:
My pleasure.

I also made myself that question some months ago, when I was considering a series that would envolve different situations and different people, but then I started to think about my behaviour as a reader and realized I wouldn't have read my own story.

I'd like to hear what others may have to say about this. Maybe my behaviour is the deviant one and you shouldn't worry about it. :D

Lauren.Hynde said:
I think anywhere above 50000 words is a commonly accepted novel size.

I'm giving it a go in a new series to see if the compilation turn out like I plan. Thanks for the words of wisdom.

My suggestion would be to submit the stories of the series in their respective categories and, when it's done, if you're convinced that the outcome has enough coherence to withstand it and qualify as a novel, pull them out and submit as a single 70,000 words chunk to N&N.

Well I would like to thank you all for your contributions to this thread, I have got a lot out of it.

I am a new author, long time reader, and just getting to feel the ropes of putting it all together....

Thanks again

:cool:

Back