Dirty Words & How To Use Them?

Thanks, Wildsweetone! It has been written, and I'll release it in another week or so. The reason it took me so long to put out Part I was that I wanted to be sure that Part II was finished first. Until I came here, I had such an atrocious record of not finishing stuff (childhood emotional trauma) that, heeding the [probably justified] calumny heaped upon people that give you chapters 1, 2, etc. and then peter out, I wanted to make sure I didn't do that.

My feelings about incest in literature are complex. I enjoy reading a lot of the stories that turn up here, but I probably won't do very many more of them, although, come to think about it, there are a couple more of them in the Bible that would probably work. In fact, the first piece of feedback I got was from someone who suggested a retelling of David and Bathsheba. That's an excellent idea, except for one problem I have. Someone named Roberta Kells Dorr I think--the book's upstairs) wrote a novel about that. Since she is a Christian-bookstore-type author, of course she didn't go into a lot of detail about the sex but the backstory she told about the circumstances that helped to push Bathsheba into David's bed was so utterly convincing that the tempation to rip her off would be overwhelming.

The backstory is that Uriah was a cold, unloving man who married Bathsheba for political reasons and didn't really like any woman except for his mother, an equally cold, appalling bitch who preferred to believe that Bathsheba's failure to conceive by her son was her fault despite the strong implication that Uriah, a three- and four-time loser in the marriage department, was probably shooting blanks. The MIL, a respectable Hittite woman, tried to compel Bathsheba to make sacrifice to Astarte so she would conceive, and would not permit her to go to the mikvah to ritually cleanse herself after her period, unless she did. So Bathsheba did her own ritual bath on the roof of her apartment, David was looking from his palace, and the rest is history...

As for incest, I have not experienced it; if I had, I would probably write about it quite differently.

Hmmmm, I'm actually rather new to writing for Literotica and have yet to even get a story accepted, but I do have a couple million words of fiction written with a great deal of sex in it, so with that as a caveat ...

I write to the characters. Most of my characters wouldn't use a four letter word if it bit them on the tush. :)

However, my latest story is full of four letter words. The main character, particularly, has a mouth as foul as a Bancock gutter. That's the way he talks. At least most of the time. So when the story is from his point of view, there's a lot of foul language.

And yes, I use vernacular in my narrative as well as my dialogue, as I write from a very tight third person which is almost interchangable with first. Its the style I've developed and it works for me. As with so many things in writing, your mileage may vary and all opinions are worth the coin payed for them.

words for vagina

Here are some options: beaver, box, bush, cleft, crease, crevice, crotch, cunny, cunt, fuckhole, gash, genitals, glove, hole, mound, muff, opening, quim, slit, snatch, twat, vagina, vulva

I cannot bring myself to use the word, "cunt".
I think that each of us has words that don't "do it" for us... I use cunt, but cannot use pussy... makes me think of high school guys mocking a wimpy guy... I know, they use cunt that way, too... I just didn't hear it.

I think I struggle with the lack of soft words that aren't euphemisms... it seems like the words are either too soft or too harsh... I tend to avoid the whole naming thing and describe relative location:

"She desperately pulled him into herself, enveloping him with her heat. As he pistoned into her, she convulsed around him."

I'm sure it gets tiring, but getting the balance of urgency without going into slang that men use perjoratively is a challenge for me.

I have a hard time with the use of some terms if the voice of the story is obviously female... don't know why... I guess I don't think in those terms, so I don't expect other women to do so...

You forgot beaver, BK. [ Ooops! :( No you didn't! ] That's my all time fave.

Course, it could just be a cultural heritage thing. :confused:

I live where young European men used to travel, exploring, and searching for more, and richer crops of beaver. :D

Even today, you may still find a beaver on the back of a five cent piece. :eek:

Considering where a beaver is supposed to be found, that is probably why the piece only costs five cents. :cool:

Last edited:
Back