Does it have to be this hard??

Tristesse said:
AND - what's the point of it? It's so easy to find a favourite poem the old way.
The show the world YOUR favourites and to be one more reson for competition sometime later when they make a ranking of the favourite-ests. (And they will) :eek:

I didn't have any problem saving anything, except the problems already mentioned here... What exactly is wrong, Tess?

Lauren Hynde said:
The show the world YOUR favourites and to be one more reson for competition sometime later when they make a ranking of the favourite-ests. (And they will) :eek:

I didn't have any problem saving anything, except the problems already mentioned here... What exactly is wrong, Tess?

I haven't worked out how to put the suckers in there. What's the procedure? If threre's a FAQ I can't find it.

Tristesse said:
I haven't worked out how to put the suckers in there. What's the procedure? If threre's a FAQ I can't find it.

OK. Go to your member page, where you usually submit poetry and stories. One of the links on the left is Favorites.

There you'll see:

From this section you can:
- Edit/View Favorites - View / remove items from your Favorites lists.
- Add New Authors - add authors to your Favorites list.
- Add New Stories - add stories to your Favorites list.
- Add New Poems - add poems to your Favorites list.

If you want to add a new poem, for example, you follow that last link and go to a page with 3 fields.

- The first is a pull-down menu titled What type of item?, and Poems will already be selected. If you want to add a story or an author, you just need to change it there.
- The second is First few words/letters of title or name: and it's self-explanatory.
- The third is the security code, just the way it is to send feedback and make comments.

If I'm trying to add your poem Arbutus, I put that in the second field, fill the other two, and hit 'Start Search.' It will return only one result: Arbutus (Tristesse). I select it and hit 'Add Selected Item To Favorites'. Et voila. ;)

Making sure you have that edge in the favouritests competition, Lauren? :D *ducks & runs*

minsue said:
Making sure you have that edge in the favouritests competition, Lauren? :D *ducks & runs*
:D No, I'm pretty much a sitting target now. All my favourite slots are filled, so my negotiation capabilities are extremely hindered. :(

Lauren Hynde said:
:D No, I'm pretty much a sitting target now. All my favourite slots are filled, so my negotiation capabilities are extremely hindered. :(

You've got to play hard to get, woman! :D

seems I'm always search'n
though not lately for my self
'cause every time I look it seems
I'm still sitt'n on the shelf

I never thought I'd ever be sought so didn't think to make myself
search engine friendly. (I'm honored that some made an effort :heart: )

I'm not even going to begin to wonder about why it takes a whole day to fill Lauren's favorite slots... :p

Liar said:
There are also a number of poems that the search engine there refuses to find. I tried finding denis hales' One Four Five in a million different combinations. Catbabes' Just To Be and Icingsugar's Still (or any 'still') were also impossible to find. I PMed Laurel about it a long time ago, but no reply so far.
Just FYI, "still" worked now. The other two are still impossible to find.

#L

I knew I was lost a long time ago...;) Thanks for looking though Liar.:rose:

Back