Enough is enough

Re: Thanks for the one's!

Thesandman4u said:
Gee....

I just wanted to say "thank you" for all the people who hated
my newest story The Ecstasy Motel. To go from 4.70 to 4.38 in
one day has got to be a new all time high-low.

Its a hard life when you complain about your story still rating in the fours.

My poetry is so well rated I dont think anyone has ever voted a four on them... and I'm pretty sure most of the votes were ones.

Stop bitching... those who vote voted for a reason and for you not to care what they think isnt good enough.

Re: Thanks for the one's!

Thesandman4u said:
To go from 4.70 to 4.38 in one day has got to be a new all time high-low.

Not even close to an all time low.

One of my stories dropped a full point and a half -- from number six in it's category to in the 200's where it has slowly but surely started to climb back into the mid 100's place on the top list.

My story isn't even close to the all time low either. I've seen stories go from 4.5+ to under 3.50 in less than a day. Dropping only a mere 0.32 in one day is a very good performance for a story that's only a few days old. Especially if it was more than one vote that brought the score down.

If that's the worst any of your stories has done, then kwitcherbitchin. You're much better off than most others.

Another suggestion....

Laurel-

I love the new feature in the boards, where you can click on the number of replies, and it tells you who responded, and how many times, to a given thread.

Would it be possible to do that to stories, in such that if you click on an average vote of 4.08 it tells you that it got

35 5s
25 4s
6 3s
4 2s
5 1s

...Just wondering....

You're ALL right of course.............

I do apologize indeed..........

It was one of "those" days with a particularly nasty feedback email. And I let that "one" bad feedback get to me...and discounted all the good one's I've received.

And to all of you who have written me enjoying the story, I am sorry. Again, sometimes I forget that I'm mostly writing these for you out there who enjoy reading them far more than writing them because I want them to be appreciated. You've already told me that.

Thanks to all........

I "will" remain........Thesandman
To sleep........perchance to dream - William Shakespear

story scores

HI, I'VE BEEN PUTTING STORIES ON THIS SITE A YEAR OR SO. I ALWAYS GOT KNOCKED BY PEOPLE JUST BEING MEAN TO MY STORIES, THEN I BLOCKED THEM, NOW I GET NICE E-MAILS ON MY STORIES, I'M MADE SOME GREAT NEW FRIENDS. EMMA, LORI, AND POPEYE, TO NAME A FEW. NONE OF MY STORIES HAVE EVEN GOT GOOD SCORES BUT, I GOT A 100 + E-MAILS PER STORY, TELLING ME HOW GOOD THEY ARE OR KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
SOME DAY I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MY WORK WIN STORY OF THE MONTH, WHO KNOWS......
THANKS.

*wincing* Ouch. Watch the capslock key sweetie. You're yelling. Welcome to the board! About time you got here. :)

I can't help but throw our a Grateful Dead line as a summation:

"Fare thee well now,
let your life proceed by its own design.
Nothing to tell now;
let the words be yours,
I'm done with mine."

"Cassidy"

Back