Favoured / Despised Christmas Movies

When i read your post on the Alistair Sim Christmas Carol Perdita my face lit up as I am the same, I always cry at that bit too!

There are so many good versions of the christmas carol story(Dickens did a good job didn't he?) and i love the musical one....hmmm not sure who stars in it though....

Also Scrooged Mhari is one i like and it makes me cry too*L* I love the way it's the same Christmas carol story but all brought up to date. I found it quite a powerful and spiritualexperience when I first watched it!

English Lady said:
When i read your post on the Alistair Sim Christmas Carol Perdita my face lit up as I am the same, I always cry at that bit too!
Aw, Lady, how sweet. I'll think of you when I watch it this Christmas.

Another favorite for me, "Gremlins", the first movie. I love the story Phoebe Cates tells about why she hates Christmas.

Perdita

Christmas Story is hands-down my favorite. I will probably be tuned to the marathon on TBS all night while I'm at work. I just cannot NOT watch that movie.

As for the animated specials, I like Year Without a Santa Claus (with Snow Miser and Heat Miser) and the Grinch best. I _hate_ the Frosty cartoon.

And is it just me, or did they edit out the song in the one about the origins of Santa where he makes the kids sit on his lap and kiss him to get their toys?

A Muppet Christmas Carol is good (and so's the version starring Patrick Stewart; then again, I've yet to see Patrick Stewart do anything I didn't like). The Black Adder holiday special is a good 'un, too.

I've never seen "It's a Wonderful Life." I don't know how or why ... just like I've never seen "Gone With the Wind."

Actually ... call me crazy, but I'm planning to watch them this week ... I always consider Die Hard 1 and 2 among my must-see Xmas classics. And the first of the Lethal Weapon movies. I'm just weird that way ;)

Sabledrake

Sabledrake said:

As for the animated specials, I like Year Without a Santa Claus (with Snow Miser and Heat Miser)
Sabledrake

*singing the heat miser and snow miser song* I haven't seen that in years, thank you for reminding me. I HAVE to look for that this year!!!

Whisper :rose:

Sabledrake said:
. . . is it just me, or did they edit out the song in the one about the origins of Santa where he makes the kids sit on his lap and kiss him to get their toys?
Actually never seen it, but if they did, I think I can tell you why :rolleyes:
. . . A Muppet Christmas Carol is good . . .
Some day I will have to publish my Jim Henson poem. :eek:
. . .The Black Adder holiday special is a good 'un, too. . .
Did you notice my new sig line? ;)
. . . call me crazy. . . I always consider Die Hard 1 and 2 among my must-see Xmas classics. And the first of the Lethal Weapon movies. I'm just weird that way ;) Sabledrake
Nothing like a shoot-out in a Christmas Tree lot, or an Airport Terminal to give you the real spirit of Christmas. :D:

perdita said:
Lauren, "Nightmare" is also a fave. My niece was Sally this past H'ween. We have a private joke between us, I tell her to be patient and she replies like Sally that she doesn't want to be. Anyone who knows me knows that Jack fits my 'type' perfectly, haha.
He does look like he belongs in one of your Dia de los Muertos avatars. ;)

Lauren.Hynde said:
He does look like he belongs in one of your Dia de los Muertos avatars. ;)
Ha ha. Seriously, I go for tall, slim, pale men (consumptive my best friends say) :rolleyes:

Perdita

Re: "Babes in Toyland."

Boxlicker101 said:
I have seen a couple versions of this movie and my favorite is the one where the bad guy, not the monsters but the human bad guy, refers to the female lead's home town as "Cinciwhatski" but I don't know the names of any of the stars.

I have to absolutely agree with you, Quasi, no movie will be any good without a good script. As writers and aspiring professional writers, I don't think any of us would disagree with that.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=207952MySmut

The young star is none other than Drew Barrymore. The young man in the movie is Keanu Reeves. I can't remember who else is in it except the guy who says "Cinciwatsi" is the dad on that show about hte two grown daughters liveing at home "Empty Nest" and some other tv personalities.

Re: "Babes in Toyland."

Boxlicker101 said:
I have to absolutely agree with you, Quasi, no movie will be any good without a good script.
Er... I think Tarantino just proved you wrong. Kill Bill has the shittiest script ever and still manages to be a great movie. :D

Not very Christmasy, but still great.

Back