hard limits and why?

CarolineOh said:

According to MzChrista, Roman showers is a form of humiliation scene in which the Dom vomits on the sub.

Ummm yuk. another list edit here too.

dixi

I've got a lot of hard limits. Some of those may change with more experience but for the moment...

The usual incest, animal and children for obvious reasons.

Blood letting. I just have this idea that that would hurt. And not in a good way.

Water sports (although based on some descriptions that may become a soft limit if I really trusted my partner), scat play and the recently discussed Roman showers. (ewwwww)

Eating meat as a punishment. Didn't think I'd have to mention that, but it did come up after mentioning I was a vegetarian.

Fisting. I'm pretty sure I'm not big enough to handle that.

Branding, piercing and tatoos. Owie.

Extreme pain. What qualifies as extreme pain? I'm not sure, but you'll know when I'm screaming my safe word.

Multiple partners, swinging, orgies. I'm just old-fashioned that way.

I'm sure there's more, but those are at the top of the no-no list.

Hard Limits...

children
actual real life incest
scat
hoods, ball gags, straight jackets
public humiliation
being a piece of furniture or ashtray
scat, roman showers
Him with another woman either in or out of my presence while we are together in this journey...
knives or any other cutting device on my flesh, blood

Some of these are for the sheer NO, some are for the sheer NO WAY IN HELL, some are for the sake of my own emotional well being and sanity...

:rose:

anyone who doesn't play bu the same hard limits?

i'm not talking about limits that are in place because of a belief in SSC, thatz a given, i hope.

but what about some of the big no no's. roman showers, scat, and the likes. we have threads about some of the less practiced arts such as goldenshowers, and fireplay, but what about scat?

i'm not into it. at all. but i'm curious, and i'd like a more realistic idea of what goes on in these practices that seem to be almost tabboo even in our open minded community of lit. i don't like the notion of "scat is sick ppl doing kinky stuff and eating each others shit!" anyone hae some more realistic info about it? the appeal to some? this question applies to any of the commonly held hard limits.

Re: anyone who doesn't play bu the same hard limits?

"angel" eve said:
i'm not talking about limits that are in place because of a belief in SSC, thatz a given, i hope.

but what about some of the big no no's. roman showers, scat, and the likes. we have threads about some of the less practiced arts such as goldenshowers, and fireplay, but what about scat?

i'm not into it. at all. but i'm curious, and i'd like a more realistic idea of what goes on in these practices that seem to be almost tabboo even in our open minded community of lit. i don't like the notion of "scat is sick ppl doing kinky stuff and eating each others shit!" anyone hae some more realistic info about it? the appeal to some? this question applies to any of the commonly held hard limits.

i have no realistic info about it, or the practices that go on with it...i have no idea why it appeals to some...i have never even thought of researching it...

i can't help here...

but i can offer you a :rose:

Yep. People bring things up all the time i hadn't thought of....

Add the ashtray thing (Both my parents have smoked all their adult lives, and longer than I've been alive; I have no desire to be reminded of them in any way during play, so smoking in general's on the list, nevermind <shudder> ashtray games.)

In similar vein, there's one item that's never going in my toy chest: Wooden spoons. Sorry, anybody who's fond of 'em, my mother busted a few of those on my backside growing up. Flashbacks are not erotic.

Goes without saying that the vomit thing isn't happening, either.

Enemas are kind of an odd little niche; I don't consider it "scat play" to get and give a good cleaning of the colon. (Not that I've had a chance to play in this manner yet....) We're discussing limits and desires, so I wanted to clarify my "No Scat" thing a bit. I think somone mentioned they felt enemas were too close to scat play for them, but my mileage varies a tad on that point.

I just recently had my first real life BDSM experience, and it was something different.
I don't think that we actually sat down and defined hard limites, but we did use a hard safe word and a soft one.

I'd have to say that my personal hard limits would be
No kids *ew*
No scat
No blood. I'm a trained EMT. My first instinct when I see blood is to stop it. Kind of makes it hard to do any sort of blood play.
No animals. They're just too cute to do something like that to.
No other guys. I worked in a gay bar for about two years. If I had wanted to test the other side of the fence, the opportunity was there, and just didn't appeal to me.

We did to a little knife play, which was interesting without the blood.

Okay.
Here are mine.

Absolute Hard Limits
(NO means that these kinds of play are completely outside my limits. I will not consider these kinds of play. No means No.)

No kids.
No incest.
No vomit.
No actual prostitution.
No forced smoking.

Hard Limits
(0 [zero] means that i really don't like these activity and that i actively try not to ever have to do these things--but that i'll probably accede to them on a very infrequent basis if it's really important to my dominant.)

No animals.
No branding.
No gunplay.
No scat.
No sleep deprivation. (It's one of my migraine triggers.)
No cattle prods.
No infantilism.

For those of you who don't know about the checklists, here's a good site for them. It has one for dominants and one for submissives. (As usual, the switches are apparently on thier own. Sorry, guys.)
http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Heights/7559/list.htm

Even if I was interested in doing gunplay, I couldn't go through with it, because I'd think of Richie and Janice on the Sopranos and get turned off.;)

Just a few of my really hard limits...

* No play with real Lions or tigers or bears (oh my)
* No boiling in oil play
* No bazooka or mortar play with live rounds
* No traintrack play
* No guillotine play
* No Ovaltine play
* No running over my nuts with a Humvee play (Hummers are okay, just not the automotive variety)
* No fisting with gorilla fists
* No forced eating of spinach
* No forced Oprah Winfrey play

Geeze, with all these hard limits, no wonder I don't have a playmate.

A few more of my really hard limits

* No CBT involving blenders
* No state surplus electric chair play
* No forced drinking of gasoline
* No porcupine assplay
* No chain saw play
* No forced eating of pig bungholes (they actually did that on Fear Factor)
* No forced watching of anything with Tom Greene in it
* No minor animals whatsoever
* No enimas involving open fire hydrants
* No naked ping pong (that just wouldn't be right)

Hard limits... and Why.

- Beastiality, Children, Incest (This lifestyle is about Safe, Sane, & Consensual play between Consenting Adults, and not one of these things represents that for me.)

- Scat, Goldenshower, Roman Shower (Just *Ick* not to mention way un-hygenic)

- Being prostituted (I submit to my Dominant because I choose to, not so that He may then take that ability of choice from me)

- Infantalism (because I have NO clue what it means)

- Fisting (tried vaginal, did NOT even come close to working. I would not like to try it again, never mind anal fisting.... *ow*)

- Anything that would permanantly maim or scar me, other then tattoo's, piercings, and brandings.

This list may seem like an awful lot, but some... Not sure how many in the BDSM Forum ~laugh~... would be suprised.

:rose: subtledecadence

Back