Have you ever been recognized?

TheWifesHubby said:
We haven't been recognized from here but on another pic posting site we have been. It was not a good situation and the people that found out about it had a heyday making sure that everyone that we knew were aware of our "horrible things that we wer doing".

But the saying.... 'people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones' has so much relevance here.

Anyway we are still around and having fun.
LOL... I can just see that conversation...
"Hey, we saw those two in pics that they should keep in their bedroom on the Net!"
"What the hell were you doing looking at them on the net?"
"Ahh...err...ummm...:eek:"

I dont post pics because I dont have any, but I dont know what I would do if I was recognized by my name, and what they would think about the stories that I have written. But I think I am safe. Most of the people I know live on the other side of the country, and I went to a private school... Then again, you know what they say about the kids who are told what they can and cant look at... Yikes!! :eek:

Ok, now today I had this phone call... from a friend of mine, someone I hadn't seen in awhile, He calls and says "Hey nice pics" and me, working with pictures all day long ask, "oh...did I do some for you? I don't remember seeing your name on an order..." and he says... "Umm no. RS..."

*gasp, blush...*

He says, "I recognized the tattoo, no worries.. it's all good"

LOL

I have never been recognized by pics, but by a conversation with someone here on Lit. One day she said "I know you. We met at......." We knew each other from a very conservative group. It was fun the next time we saw eachother in this conservative group. All we could do was laugh and wink.

I have posted and traded pics of my wife for years, some of the pics where of her face showing. It was about 6 weeks ago I go to the site (not Lit) and there was a post in one of the pictures threads I started from this guy who said he knew my wife. The pics I posted there had her face blured out but the blur was not very heavy. He went on in the post to tell me her name and the town we lived in. I must say it was a turn on for someone who knew her to see the pics. Turns out I know him also.

I've never been recognized..nobody lives even remotely close to me here. If I was recognized..I'd pray he was an older single man *chuckles* otherwise..it would be no big deal. I'm an adult..almost =)

As a matter of fact, I believe I was. Tis why I am who I am now. Can't be too careful when the wrong people might recognize your nickname. That is the danger of using the same name on multiple web sites. Oh well, no worries about that now I hope.

Yes actually I have. I was doing some remodeling on a home just outside of San Francisco. I was working on an exterior room on the lower level when from the deck above comes a slight whisper"DC....DC......" then a little louder...."DevilsChild". I couldnt believe I was hearing her right. We chatted for about 20 minutes with me never getting to see her face. I worked on her and hubby's property for over a month and she never would let me see her. It never bothered me that someone recognized me, as I show my face quite a bit in pictures. It was however quite annoying that I couldnt place who she was.

dave265rd said:
I have posted and traded pics of my wife for years, some of the pics where of her face showing. It was about 6 weeks ago I go to the site (not Lit) and there was a post in one of the pictures threads I started from this guy who said he knew my wife. The pics I posted there had her face blured out but the blur was not very heavy. He went on in the post to tell me her name and the town we lived in. I must say it was a turn on for someone who knew her to see the pics. Turns out I know him also.

I know Dave's wife, know her very well now.
Talk with you later Dave.

The possiblities are too frightening, I'll never show my face site-wide.
I hope in time I will know and trust individuals well enough to reveal my face and maybe a few of my dirty little secrets, as well.

impish_pixie said:
I hope in time I will know and trust individuals well enough to reveal my face and maybe a few of my dirty little secrets, as well.
Hmm I wouldn't mind being one of those ;)

impish_pixie said:
We are a couple who has learned the hard way the true facts of life here

impish_pixie said:
Considering the circles we move in, we may have already met. :)
Only if you have been to conventions in europe, since I haven't been to conventions in the US. But damn I wouldn't mind meeting you ;)

ShyGuy68 said:
Only if you have been to conventions in europe, since I haven't been to conventions in the US. But damn I wouldn't mind meeting you ;)

I have been to cons in England, Italy and Scotland.
At least, I think Italy. Everything looked familiar but
I don't speak Italian so I can't be sure. :)

Never been recognized... but my ex boyfriend started posting on here, and knows my name... I told him about lit. So yeah, he recognizes me... :rolleyes:

But not in a creepy cashier at the supermarket way or anything.

fallenupright said:
Never been recognized... but my ex boyfriend started posting on here, and knows my name... I told him about lit. So yeah, he recognizes me... :rolleyes:

But not in a creepy cashier at the supermarket way or anything.
How would you feel if someone did recognize you?

dave265rd said:
How would you feel if someone did recognize you?

Depends on who it was.

Plus, if I thought they were going to use it to try and blackmail me one day... that would be not cool.

fallenupright said:
Depends on who it was.

Plus, if I thought they were going to use it to try and blackmail me one day... that would be not cool.
I can understand that.

Back