Hmm and you thought COPA was bad check this out

They are not saying "gambling games" they are saying "all games."

So you can't play Tomb Raider, or Monopoly, or Baldur's Gate, or D&D, or by that same account- you shouldn't be able to go outside and have a game of baseball with your friends either. No football, no basketball, no Chutes & Ladders.

Tomb Raider isn't being specifically attacked (nor any other game that isn't a gambling machine), but when you use a herd of elepants to stomp out a lion, you have to expect a lot of things are going to get crushed.

Now me I would be inclined to use a hunter to get the rogue lion, or at least a good rifle if I had to do it myself.

Clearly though, the Greek Government favours the stampede of elephants.

Got suck being Greek somehow.:(

When you think about it...

Is what the Greek government doing really much different from that which our local Police did briefly a short while ago?

Young people - teens - were hanging around on the streets in the evenings causing a bit of a ruckus. The police for a while called a curfew and ensured all kids would be off the streets from 10pm (i think that was the time).

All through life, there are similar patterns. Teachers in classrooms here use the same premise. They keep the whole class in at lunchtime if they want to make one or two kids get back in line.

I guess the only real difference with Greece is that they're hitting adults, and adults don't like their play time messed around with. It'll be interesting to see how long the law stays in place and if there are any amendments to it.

unregistered said
Would you have government decide what is safe for you?

Who votes the government in? Who gives them the power to make these kinds of laws?

Who votes the government in? Who gives them the power to make these kinds of laws?

I was asking a philosophical question. At least in the US, our constitution and Bill of Rights were intended to limit gov't. In theory, our gov't has no right to make such laws and the Supreme Court should strike them down. In practice, the Court pays little attention to the Constitution if they agree with what the law is intended to do.

Hey, Les. I just read that US citizens facing drug charges for Medical Marijuana clubs are fleeing to Canada and asking for political asylum. History repeats itself, eh?

Canada home of the freer and land of the braver heheh.

Hey room fer more, the darn place is mostly woods eh.

Back