Horse Stories

Hey, Graymouse

Just to return this thread to a more lighthearted vein, I can't resist the temptation to comment on one post in particular. On page 1 of this thread Tiggs posted a reply which contained the following sentence: "Saddly(sic), I think I am cursed with an attention to detail" - hmm, really? Apart from the grammar and the spelling of 'sadly' it's fine! But the indomitable Tiggs continued; hourses (horses), friedns (friends), usre (sure), bestal (bestiality).
I'm not mocking, I'm .....oh alright, I am mocking, and I'm not trying to say that people's grammar and spelling should be perfect, but typing errors can be rectified by the simple expedient of reading through what you've written before posting, and if unsure of spelling then a dictionary is the traditional source of corrective information. 'Nuff said? I hope so.
To conclude, I must say that I agree with Graymouse's comments; a fantasy certainly does not have to be absolutely true to life (if it did, I wouldn't have spent all those wonderful nights with Michelle Pfeiffer!) but to truly encapture it's readers it should be able to cause a suspension of disbelief, and to achieve that there must be consistency.
Standing by for irate replies,
with cheerful regards, Milkyway

Back