How are "similar stories" selected?

I find it more useful on newer stories I look at. Sometimes the suggestions are then of interest and are from authors I have not previously encountered, The older the story is, there seems to be a tendency to go back to the same old trusty favourites. That is, of course, the danger with all algorithms that they end up sending you down the most read or the LCD rather than the quirkier ones.
I enjoy Silkstockinglover writing but sometimes I feel one can play six degrees of separation and guarantee that one will end up at one of their stories - the Kevin Bacon of Literotica perhaps. (Hasten to add that I'm not knocking him either) In the past, stories by TheRachelChronicles also normally arrived very quickly on the list.
(Of course, this may say something about me)

In Lesbian Sex it's pretty much always the same stories (OneHitWanda is rightfully well represented). Which is fine, they are great stories and deserve the attention, but I kind of wish the algorithm came up with new suggestions now and then, as I'm always looking for new ones to read.

Back