How did you get here, why do you stay?

Tzara said:
It looks pretty stable to me, but I am the son of an engineer. I would prefer to base my comments on some load testing.
certainly buying before trying holds an element of risk.

wildsweetone said:
certainly buying before trying holds an element of risk.
It certainly does. I am personally risk averse. "Test it out," I says. "Make sure it works," I says.

Important safety note: Place object on travertine marble. Balance legs for steadiness. Should be safe.

I started posting stories in MSN Groups. A friend of mine pointed me towards Literotica. I found the forums after I'd found chat and someone directed me to check them out since they're a good way to get intelligent feedback from other people who write stories. I did but primarily in the Author's Hangout. I was trying the Survivor Contest when -- Wham! Lit Poetry bit and I've been here ever since.

I stay, because poets are sexy. :heart:

I guess its been

about 3 years now...it was by accident ..and then I stay because the poetry here is the best damn poetry on the web..and the poets as well...nuff said.. :)

clutching_calliope said:
I'm sure this type of thread has probably been done before. If so, my apologies. If not, speaker's corner.

I was wondering how most of you stumbled you way onto Frost's less chosen path (namely Literotica) and why do you stay?

My answer is that I was surfing for an erotic story (any erotic story, you know how that goes...) about three years ago, wrote the author and we struck up a friendship. He encouraged me to post my poetry here.

I stay because of friendships and the hope of improvement and because this forum is so lively and interactive.

That's the short and sweet version.

What's your story?

I was in a strained relationship. My partner emailed me the link to the stories, hoping it would improve our relationship. He just could not understand why I did not wanna have sex with him :rolleyes: ... AnyWho it backfired on him. I started chatting on Lit. THEN I met Gina and Boo, they encouraged me to come on over to the poetry forum. There was also a big support from other authors in chat that write stories AND poetry. So ... here I is ~
( betcha wished you had hushed when you had the chance eh ~ ;) )

As to why I stay?

I have to write. It is that simple.

Call it therapeutic, sexual mind manipulation, or just feeling at home here with all my friends. Here, I know I am excepted for me, and I am free to say, do as I wish. It has become my home, and my world ~
As everyone else seems to be feeling ... the people here, friends ... souls/minds connecting like this just does not happen everyday.
We have a very unique group of individuals here and it is soooo awesome.

:rose:

RhymeFairy said:
I was in a strained relationship. My partner emailed me the link to the stories, hoping it would improve our relationship. He just could not understand why I did not wanna have sex with him :rolleyes: ... AnyWho it backfired on him. I started chatting on Lit. THEN I met Gina and Boo, they encouraged me to come on over to the poetry forum. There was also a big support from other authors in chat that write stories AND poetry. So ... here I is ~
( betcha wished you had hushed when you had the chance eh ~ ;) )

As to why I stay?

I have to write. It is that simple.

Call it therapeutic, sexual mind manipulation, or just feeling at home here with all my friends. Here, I know I am excepted for me, and I am free to say, do as I wish. It has become my home, and my world ~
As everyone else seems to be feeling ... the people here, friends ... souls/minds connecting like this just does not happen everyday.
We have a very unique group of individuals here and it is soooo awesome.

:rose:

Faux pas? "excepted for me" O Felix Culpa!

Poem from your post:

excepted for me
free to stay
as I wish
become my home
my world
connecting
not everyday
excepted for me

S&D

Sex&Death said:
Faux pas? "excepted for me" O Felix Culpa!

Poem from your post:

excepted for me
free to stay
as I wish
become my home
my world
connecting
not everyday
excepted for me

S&D

lmao ~~ yepper, ya got it in one ~
I shall leave as is ... <lipssealed>

;)

clutching_calliope said:
I was wondering how most of you stumbled you way onto Frost's less chosen path (namely Literotica) and why do you stay?
On a different board, someone said "Hot story, you should post it on Literotic." So I did and then I saw POEMs. I submitted those and Karmadog poked fun at my poem titles a few times. Sweet Angeline sent me an email, telling me she liked my poem and that is was it. I had an invite and I was hooked. Nearly four years later, I'm still here or I keep coming back to this forum because it's habit, I like most of the people here and its in my comfort zone.

Back