I am sulking (this is a genuine complaint)

Re: Killer Muffin & HomerPindar

Zhuk said:
Such a large number of posts and yet you do not feel confident about your ability to forcefully communicate with people without use of words like, 'bastard', 'horse manure', 'ass', 'asshole', etc. Tells me a lot about you. Just as a contrast, I have never used such words ever, except for quoting something like you.

I'm not impressed by your self-righteous morality or your ability to read numbers and assign more significance than there really is. Try again.

Now for glaring lies in you reply. I have not posted any poem on this thread, that I did on Zhuk's Zhak, and in that thread I 'requested' for feedback, suggestions and advice. There was no 'demand' as suggested by you.

"I have been posting poems on my thread 'Zhuk's Zhakk', to attract some constructive criticism so that I can improve upon them. And while doing that learn some more.

But (here is the complaint), except for Judo, Homer Pindar and _Land, nobody has come forward with advice or suggestions.

Till other poets take interest, I go and sit in my corner to sulk (sulking begins right now). "

Demand. You put forth your demand--feedback--and you put forth your ultimatum--give feedback or else--and you put forth your punishment--I'll go sulk. Stupid joke if that was your aim, bratchild.

Your reading my work does not help me at all. I am not here for getting scores or making the top lists. My sole aim is to improve with the help of better and more experienced poets. I NEED advice and suggestions.

Help ME, help ME! I won't help you, but help ME! More demands. You really should read your own writing some time.

Now about my excuse that I dont know enough - I had never read poetry either in english or Hindi till about 6 or 7 months back. I have never been a student of literature. Being a graduate engineer and a diploma holder in computer programming, I have been mostly concerned with science and technology. When I say I dont know enough to critique it is the truth. I am even today not aware of most of the forms, or techinical terms like meter.

Whoopee do. I'm a student of engineering in computer programming, too. Do I not know enough to critique? I'm not a total moron like you. It's very simple. I'll even use an algorithm so your pea brain can understand.

1. Read poem.
2. Do you like the poem?
    if yes, goto 6.
    if no, goto 3.
3. Read the poem.
4. Do you know what you did not like about the poem?
    if yes, goto 5.
    if no, increment by one, test to see if you are at "3"
      if less than "3", goto 3.
      if greater than or equal to "3" goto 6.
5. Write down what you did not like about the poem.
6. Write down what you did like about the poem.
7. Break.

Regarding gratitude, again you are showing your extreme ignorance. All feedbacks I have received in my thread, whether praise or criticism, have been replied by a 'genuine' thank you.

Talk is cheap. If you were genuinely grateful, you would reciprocate. Anyone can mouth platitudes--no matter how much you mean it.

Regarding my being a student, I repeat for your benefit, I am a student of poetry, a student who has just started. And I have a very long way to go. Quantity does not make for quality.

This will never change. Ever. You're an idiot if you think it will.

Regarding selfishness - Gandhi ji said "every human being is selfish, the greater men, the Givers even more so"!

And this means what in context? That the Givers get more from their deed than the Receiver? Think about that. Perhaps, as anyone who has done it will tell you, you learn more about poetry by giving feedback than you do by getting feedback. There, one lesson, free of charge. Are you too stupid to learn it?

Grand delusions of being a student?????? I didnt know one could have grand delusions for being a student! Thank you for educating me.

You're welcome, though you didn't learn a good goddammned thing. There is only one teacher in the world of poetry, dummy, and it's not the professor lecturing you. It's the poetry you read and analyze. <-- Big huge hint! Don't be a moron! Take the hint!

The lists - even a stupid person would have known that the whole list thing was meant to be a joke. The fact that you took this seriously tells me something more about you.

Your whole post shows, rather advertises your ignorance about facts and as I mentioned above, you cant get your message across without swearing and using uncivil language.

You are like one of those seven blind men who each got to touch one part of an elephant to understand what is an elephant. From the looks of it, and the way you have used one particular part of body repeatedly, you were unlucky and got to feel a very nasty part of the elephant. :) And just by touching 'that' you now think you know what is an elephant.

Blah blah blah. Your methaphor stinks. You shouldn't rely on cliche to get your point across. Even my cussing does a better job than your oft-repeated and not well-done parable.

This whole thread was meant as a half serious exercise meant for fun, I thank you both for turning it into what it is now.

Damage control! Bring in the PR people! I wasn't being a baby, I was trying to be humorous!

God, save us from closed minds.

I'm not the one with this problem. You are.

What do people do when nobody takes them seriously?...

...They keep on getting louder and cruder until someone calls...

...oops I forgot to mention shriller, ruder and foaming at mouth...

I rest my case. ;)

Zhuk

Last edited:
Back