i could have been someone

wildsweetone said:
would you have any difficulty getting to Ontario?
depends on how far in advance i booked. if it was far enough for me to save $, then prolly not. where abouts? and why?

i need to do a little research, the person i want to contact has just had to deal with a death in his family so it may take me a little while.

what exactly do you want to do? what specific career do you want to aim for?

wildsweetone said:
i need to do a little research, the person i want to contact has just had to deal with a death in his family so it may take me a little while.

what exactly do you want to do? what specific career do you want to aim for?
rock star. lol. no, anything w music to be honest. i want to have a career that protrudes success, but allows me to work creatively. i want to be able to throw 'what i am doing' in the faces of those who doubted me.

have you considered taking on a job that is related to the music industry?

it might be worth checking out local studios and seeing if you can get a foot in the door in working 'with' music in this manner. are there such things as apprenticeships in the music industry? perhaps you could be able to work in music and study at the same time to gain yourself a degree of some sort, some businesses may well help out with paying for part of your courses (if not all).

do you have a yellow pages? maybe it might be worth thinking about phoning every business to do with music and see if they have anything to offer. you don't have to accept the first thing offered, but at least it will give you an idea of what's out there.

it is quite common for novel authors to be in jobs that are lateral to writing. perhaps it's also quite common for song writers to be in jobs that are lateral to writing songs. :)

wildsweetone said:
have you considered taking on a job that is related to the music industry?

it might be worth checking out local studios and seeing if you can get a foot in the door in working 'with' music in this manner. are there such things as apprenticeships in the music industry? perhaps you could be able to work in music and study at the same time to gain yourself a degree of some sort, some businesses may well help out with paying for part of your courses (if not all).

do you have a yellow pages? maybe it might be worth thinking about phoning every business to do with music and see if they have anything to offer. you don't have to accept the first thing offered, but at least it will give you an idea of what's out there.

it is quite common for novel authors to be in jobs that are lateral to writing. perhaps it's also quite common for song writers to be in jobs that are lateral to writing songs. :)
i see youhave never been to saskatoon before. the chances of that are very slim as there is like 2 studios here in saskatoon. and those studios are quite shoddy.

Gave Up said:
... i want to be able to throw 'what i am doing' in the faces of those who doubted me.

you know... i'm doing this in a way too. i'm doing it by learning as much as i can in the ways that i can afford and then working hard to make the improvements show. i have a long way to go and a lot more work to get done, and i'll get there. you're lucky in that you're able to start doing this at a younger age than me. you'll probably learn quicker too.

i'm not learning so much for 'revenge' these days. it's more of a bettering of my own skills for my own self improvement. proving to myself that i am better than others thought.

you see other people have their opinions about poetry/novels/lyric writing... and it's okay for them to have their opinions. their limited experiences mean their viewpoints will also be a little limited (perhaps). we can waste our time arguing or trying to enlighten them, or, we can spend our time improving our communication skills until we are happy we are sharing our thoughts to the very best of our ability.

we can't do everything others want us to do. and we can't write how others want us to write. but we can learn, and we can understand what the best way is for our selves.

and god i'm sorry. i've just realised i've waffled all this out loud when i should have pmed it. my apologies Gave Up. :rose:

wso
ps when are you going to change your nickname to something that will encourage positive thoughts? *smile* how about 'NotGivingUp' :)

Back