I just submitted my first story!

BTW - the story is still awaiting approval. I will post up a link when it is published. :)

Stories always go live after midnight or 1am (I forget which - time change and all that) eastern US time, so checking every hour or two won't find a published story. You can just check once per day. However, what you can check every few hours if you're jonesin' (which I do too, always excited for something new) is on your pending tab, check the little icon. If it still says 'pending', then you're still waiting for approval, but if it says 'new' and has tomorrow's date on it, that means that it has been approved and it will publish on the next cycle (midnightish Eastern US).

I have nine stories. One of them took five cycles to publish. One of them went live on the very first cycle (less than 24 hrs). All of the rest published on the second cycle. I have no idea why those two were quicker or slower, but if you want a timeline to compare, those are my numbers.

I'm so excited. I just submitted my first story here. I really hope people like it, once it is published.

How did other authors feel when you submitted your first stories? What was your experience like?

~Miri
Congrats! I hope you have a great time. Make sure you post a link in your Sig line to your new story when its up.

Stories always go live after midnight or 1am (I forget which - time change and all that) eastern US time, so checking every hour or two won't find a published story. You can just check once per day. However, what you can check every few hours if you're jonesin' (which I do too, always excited for something new) is on your pending tab, check the little icon. If it still says 'pending', then you're still waiting for approval, but if it says 'new' and has tomorrow's date on it, that means that it has been approved and it will publish on the next cycle (midnightish Eastern US).

I have nine stories. One of them took five cycles to publish. One of them went live on the very first cycle (less than 24 hrs). All of the rest published on the second cycle. I have no idea why those two were quicker or slower, but if you want a timeline to compare, those are my numbers.
Thanks for this.

I just checked and noticed my next chapter goes live tomorrow! The excitement is too much. You're a life saver. Now I can stop refreshing the page every 2.67 minutes. Lol

I just have to say, your writing is phenomenal. Just started with the first HardCoreJaz story. Loving it.

It usually takes half an hour for the New Stories on the main page and the category pages to update, though. Unless they have a link (for example readers who follow you, or if you put the link in the New Stories Advertisements thread), readers won't see your story immediately.

I'm so excited. I just submitted my first story here. I really hope people like it, once it is published.

How did other authors feel when you submitted your first stories? What was your experience like?

~Miri
First... congrats on popping that cherry. Sometimes it is hard to put that first out for fear of getting negative reviews.

Second... I was scared to death by posting my first story. It was called "Locked in the Trunk," but once I posted it, I walked away and did not come back to see what kind of response it got for about five days. When I returned, I about crapped myself. I had gotten several comments telling me how good it was, and the review has kept it in "HOT" status since it was posted.

Overall, my experience here has been great, and I am glad that I took the chance. I have also gotten a lot of feedback from people, which I will never turn down.

First... congrats on popping that cherry. Sometimes it is hard to put that first out for fear of getting negative reviews.

Second... I was scared to death by posting my first story. It was called "Locked in the Trunk," but once I posted it, I walked away and did not come back to see what kind of response it got for about five days. When I returned, I about crapped myself. I had gotten several comments telling me how good it was, and the review has kept it in "HOT" status since it was posted.

Overall, my experience here has been great, and I am glad that I took the chance. I have also gotten a lot of feedback from people, which I will never turn down.
And I LOVE that you're a Smutologist. This fills my imagination with such wonderfully delicious ideas. ;)

And I LOVE that you're a Smutologist. This fills my imagination with such wonderfully delicious ideas. ;)
Smutology is nothing but delicious ideas. That is what the business is all about. Smut in its written form is only a blueprint for the things we long to do in real life or have done and long to share with others.

~Miri
Hi!! I just submitted my first story yesterday! I was extremely nervous about submitting it. Writing is a passion of mine, which I do not actively pursue. I am very sensitive about my writing and almost didn’t even post. I’m anxious and scared to see how it is received. I’ve been thinking about compiling short stories and maybe one day publishing them. Idk. In the meantime, I’m going to hang out over here and see how it goes!

Back