Impressive Plug Thread

Maria2394 said:
\

I can spell yer name, and yer number :) and thank you ( hugs!!!!) I been okay, been unearthing poems in the garden and had my hands on a slippery troubador frog, he almost got away but not before I squeezed a half poem outta him.
I dont come in here much cause no one worships me and that makes me feel so left out, lol...but you know whwre to find me :D

I worship you--well at least your poems. :D

I think you have a beautiful voice and a great talent.

4 1201

my dearest poet,. 1201
you speak of pluggin, in a sentence
with "fun"...and while your banter
with dear poet Anna,
makes for good lit reading,
Im sitting here getting so fucking jealous
I think my eyes are bleeding. :p

i wanna rock, she said to her lover
who pulled some obsidion
from under the cover,
he smacked her dear head
until she was dead, and theres
a rock rightabove her

some of the stuff I write
I wouldn't touch, let alone plug
Well maybe if I get drunk enough
I'll plug my own poetry
I feel so dirty just thinking about
plugging my own poetry

WITHIN TWO DAYS UNCLE PERVERY WILL WRITE ABOUT PLUGGING HIS OWN POEMS

my perdiction

Maria2394 said:
my dearest poet,. 1201
you speak of pluggin, in a sentence
with "fun"...and while your banter
with dear poet Anna,
makes for good lit reading,
Im sitting here getting so fucking jealous
I think my eyes are bleeding. :p

i wanna rock, she said to her lover
who pulled some obsidion
from under the cover,
he smacked her dear head
a rock rightabove her
:rose: :rose: :rose:
you know I'm just pluggin around

"who pulled some obsidion
from under the cover,
he smacked her dear head
a rock rightabove her"
Don't you know you can't write like that, what will the poets say?
That is tough
so what rhymes with "her' I'm still drawing a blank verse

twelveoone said:
you know I'm just pluggin around

"who pulled some obsidion
from under the cover,
he smacked her dear head
a rock rightabove her"
Don't you know you can't write like that, what will the poets say?
That is tough
so what rhymes with "her' I'm still drawing a blank verse

I hope you and anna both know I love you guys. I enjoy watching you play, makes me smile :) and who cares what the poets say, I write silly stuff all the time, you can addd to it if you wanna... :)

ps, thanks for worshipping me Ange, I was feeling very unloved. I worship you too :heart:

Maria2394 said:
I hope you and anna both know I love you guys. I enjoy watching you play, makes me smile :) and who cares what the poets say, I write silly stuff all the time, you can addd to it if you wanna... :)

ps, thanks for worshipping me Ange, I was feeling very unloved. I worship you too :heart:
oh, what have we here, let you two alone - they had celery stalks goin' over on the other thread, and pluggin

and you know I love you maria :rose: :rose: :rose:
"I write silly stuff all the time"
you know that is the first thing I look for, something that will put a smile on my face

Average number of non regular readers?

I know a lot of poets have regular readers, what I am wondering is, not counting them, about how many people read your poems? It seems that not many people come by to read poems, admittedly I read stories on lit. for years and never gave the poetry a glance until I started posting poems.
Do you think the title is essential to attracting readers? I'm bad at titles.

~hellbaby~ said:
Do you think the title is essential to attracting readers? I'm bad at titles.

Titles are a gateway. Why do you read a poem of a person you don't know? The title? The name of the poet sounds, well...different? It's difficult to say. It could also depend on ones mood. Maybe it's a combination of things. Which poem would you read, one called 'Rainy Morning' or one called 'Spit Day' ?

Getting back to the H's. Could someone enlighten me. First I have 'em, then I don't have em. Votes appear and then votes disappear. Averages go up and averages go down without the number of votes changing. It all seems a lot of nonsense to me, especially since I think my best poems have scored the least votes. Maybe there is a message there.

bogusbrig said:
Titles are a gateway. Why do you read a poem of a person you don't know? The title? The name of the poet sounds, well...different? It's difficult to say. It could also depend on ones mood. Maybe it's a combination of things. Which poem would you read, one called 'Rainy Morning' or one called 'Spit Day' ?

Getting back to the H's. Could someone enlighten me. First I have 'em, then I don't have em. Votes appear and then votes disappear. Averages go up and averages go down without the number of votes changing. It all seems a lot of nonsense to me, especially since I think my best poems have scored the least votes. Maybe there is a message there.
A red "H" means your poem has acquired a red "H." Nothing more, nothing less.

flyguy69 said:

Mathematically it means you have 10 votes that average 4.5 or above.

Sometimes strange things happen because:
someone notifies Laurel that they think something tricky is going on with their votes. Usually if they have a perfect 5 or something and suddenly get 1's, 2's or 3 votes. Then she runs all of the votes through some equalizer-- it clears out any votes that come from the same IP address (which may correct some issues while creating others)

I think it also does things like cut out low votes when they all appear at once from one IP address? I am not sure.

So you might have lost votes in a great number cleansing. I have never Quite understood it. There might be different people in one house using the same computer, and their votes would be cut.

But it is all really a joke, and that has been mentioned before....

and even in the best of worlds where every vote counted (once) it is all about the reader's decision, for whatever reason-- it is all about taste and popularity. Many of my poems that were highly regarded here are not accepted elsewhere, and vice versa. Go figure :)

Just have fun. :cathappy:

flyguy69 said:
ohh it does catch the eye of visual learners.. although what's being taught is not necessarily on the reading list ;)

Back