In Defense of Tim Walz

He was vice president.

And my whole point is that Walz being extreme or not is irrelevant to the job he will have. That's it. If you're voting.thinking differently, you probably should retake civics

I'm not saying that it's relevant to the office per se. I'm just clarifying my own position on the guy, vis a vis the misinformation. That is literally all. To the extent that I find it relevant at all, is due to the 25th Amendment.

I’m saying that the Republicans have nominated the oldest presidential candidate ever. He is in poor health. He is in mental decline. That’s not me giving hyperbole or a bias, it’s clear for all to see. Please do not make me defend Sarah Palin by saying that as a governor of Alaska she at least had, delegated powers more so than anything Vance has displayed.
If you're saying that Vance should be enough in himself to possibly disqualify Trump, okay, but it wasn't clear to me that this was what you meant. Are you disagreeing with II74, then, on his take that it's immaterial?

If you're saying that Vance should be enough in himself to possibly disqualify Trump, okay, but it wasn't clear to me that this was what you meant. Are you disagreeing with II74, then, on his take that it's immaterial?
You just gave your perspective on Tim Walz. My claim is that you cannot give the same for Vance because his cupboard is bare as far as any leadership or legislative history. As a senator he has cosigned to some bills with Senator Warnock, but Vance is not running on any kind of bipartisanship. No one knows about those efforts. John McCain was always not in the best of health post Vietnam, but no one questioned his mental faculties to be the 44th president except, like you noted, that he picked Sarah Palin to be his running mate.

What is my own personal view? Vance is the VP because Trump loves submissive men willing to kiss the ring. Vance is also there because he has made it know that he would’ve gone along with not certifying the election. 1174 has correctly pointed out that that is now a moot point of discussion.

He needs to nail the debate. Weekly interviews or town halls would also help. Someone there needs to step up to a mic and camera and show some brain activity.

Back