Is it just me? Where have all the signatures gone?

Yeah, I'm entirely desktop here. Let me go see how it looks on our iPad...

...yep, it's the mobile device thing. Safari has a totally different look from the desktop page, with no sigs. I also have Firefox on the iPad, and I have it set to lie to the interwebs that it's supposed to get the desktop version. Sigs are there, on a desktop-formatted page.

Solution is to use another browser like Firefox, which allows you to force it to use desktop versions only. Don't know how that would look on a phone. I rarely browse on the phone; I hate "reading" much of anything on the small screen.
BAWAHAHA! I don't hate it on a phone, but when you're an old blind curmudgeon like me, even with glasses it's a pain in the ass. But that has its advantages too, something more to bitch about!

Comshaw

So I took a look at this issue, I logged in though the app and sure enough, there were no signatures. Then, being the insanely awesome troubleshooter that I am, I logged in via the website, same thing, no signatures, and I use the OLD forum layout (because the new one sucks) however, if you log in via the website, there's an option in the forum settings for Desktop View. I clicked on that and ta-da! There were all the signatures.

My guess is that because the forum entries have to be truncated for a mobile screen (which no one should be using for serious reading IMHO) they had to delete the signatures because many of the signatures have large graphics that can't be truncated, ain't dat right @RejectReality

My guess is that because the forum entries have to be truncated for a mobile screen (which no one should be using for serious reading IMHO) they had to delete the signatures because many of the signatures have large graphics that can't be truncated, ain't dat right @RejectReality
You'd think they'd just shrink the graphics or not show them?

Besides, what's wrong with reading on a mobile? I've got through various Dickens and other Project Gutenberg classics on mine which I'd never have read otherwise - not to mention writing almost all my Lit works...

Back