Know your poets

Thanks bronze, but why wouldn't that show up on a dealer's diagnostics?
The damn thing just died and won't do annything and everyone shrugs. One said probably modules.
Anyway, thanks again
Thank God we have a mechanic on the board
~which reminds me, what was this thread about?

Actually, the loose terminals will cause a "dies while driving" condition, followed by an easy restart.

If by "it won't do anything," you mean the engine will not crank when the key is turned, this brings in other systems. This could be something as simple as a dead battery or bad connection at the battery. This is a very simple problem to diagnose. The circuit of battery to cable to starter is very simple and a breakdown in this part is easy to detect. After that, it gets a little more complicated.

If the rest of the electrical systems work(radio, lights, etc) the problem is in the starting system. Your car probably has a security system which can disable the starter. Problems with the security system have to be eliminated before spending any money. If there is an after market security system added, that's where I would look for the trouble, especially if the obvious possibilities are eliminated.

Thanks, bronze
The car does nothing~like there's no battery. But the batt is brand new. Big dealer with super center garage said, sorry~we don't know.
Now it's at a 3rd dealer
Gettin mighty costly towing it all over the place.

Thanks, bronze
The car does nothing~like there's no battery. But the batt is brand new. Big dealer with super center garage said, sorry~we don't know.
Now it's at a 3rd dealer
Gettin mighty costly towing it all over the place.

It is hard to believe a GM dealership would not have a technician who could not make short work of this problem., even if for the pride of the thing. The wiring system is protected by Mega-fuses, which are in the 30 to 50 amp range. If the entire electrical system is dead, I would first check those and the fuse box which holds them. There is an open circuit between the battery and this thing.

Thanks much bronze
I'll follow your leads
And sorry for detouring your thread.
Back to poets

Last edited:
Actually, the loose terminals will cause a "dies while driving" condition, followed by an easy restart.

If by "it won't do anything," you mean the engine will not crank when the key is turned, this brings in other systems. This could be something as simple as a dead battery or bad connection at the battery. This is a very simple problem to diagnose. The circuit of battery to cable to starter is very simple and a breakdown in this part is easy to detect. After that, it gets a little more complicated.

If the rest of the electrical systems work(radio, lights, etc) the problem is in the starting system. Your car probably has a security system which can disable the starter. Problems with the security system have to be eliminated before spending any money. If there is an after market security system added, that's where I would look for the trouble, especially if the obvious possibilities are eliminated.
so what you are saying is a poem's failure may have something to do with the after market security system?
muthafucka!
I've been saying that for years

Poe was not noted for being a good driver. Road Raven syndrome.

Back