La Maison de Douleur

Cym, I think Maitre was not trying to circumvent your authority but saying that he agreed with your previous comments. I may be reading both yours and his comments out of context but I just felt that you were a little hard on a new postie. Still who am I but a relative newcomer to Lit... :)

Have been surfing

I have gone to several of the sites mentioned previously. Seems though, that most of the munches or groups near my area have moved or stopped meeting. The closest of them is now going to be no less than an hour and a half away from me...is that about normal travel time?? Still have much to explore but am finding it very hard to continue without guidance. Also, I don't have much free time (privacy) to delve further into my curiousity...are there any books that I could possibly purchase to read?? Would appreciate any guidance in my quest for knowledge...here or in PM's...

Thank you for your time and encouragement!

Justine

Thank you, Caroline....

will check it out...would like to add more to my erotic collection. Just finished Story of O the other day...found a couple other books to read at local resale...will let you know later how or if they were any good....

Thanks again!

Justine

Re: Have been surfing

Justine de Loup said:
I have gone to several of the sites mentioned previously. Seems though, that most of the munches or groups near my area have moved or stopped meeting. The closest of them is now going to be no less than an hour and a half away from me...is that about normal travel time??

It could be. It depends on if you have transportation and/or the desire. I have posted previously that I belonged to a BDSM Group in the state of Washington. You have to drive almost that long to get anywhere. To me, travelling 1 1/2 hours a month for a unique experience is nothing. Others may feel differently.

Ebony

Re: Have been surfing

Justine de Loup said:
I have gone to several of the sites mentioned previously. Seems though, that most of the munches or groups near my area have moved or stopped meeting. The closest of them is now going to be no less than an hour and a half away from me...is that about normal travel time??
If that's what it is in your area, then it's normal for your area.

I live in the San Francisco Bay area, a place that one would expect to have relatively more kink-based groups meting freely then in more repressed parts of the country.

In all places in the U.S., though, there's been an alarming trend toward intolerance (mostly furthered by somewhat zealot Christian groups, quite frankly) with respect to our being open and aboveboard about our associations with each other. There have been police raids on private BDSM parties, with the result that some of the participants were hauled off to jail (do a google search on the words "Attleboro MA", for example). There have been protests against regional BDSM events (do a google search on the words "Beat me in St. Louis", for an example).

The current climate is not hospitable toward people like us, Justine, and so during times like these, people like us go relatively quiet about who we are and what we do, and we keep lower-profiles, too. We're less trusting of strangers. We stay safely ensconced within the arms of our local, trusted, group of friends.

It's how we survived for so long. We're good at it.

Looking at it in this way, perhaps you can see that while inconvenient, a drive of two hours to meet and befriend those who may help you further your understanding of who you are sexually and what you need from a relationship is not excessive.

Here is a thread in which we discussed this topic:
http://www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80567

Stay positive, Justine. It's far too early to give up on what's so enticing and almost within your grasp, is it not? I assure you, skin-to-skin BDSM is...hmm...the best. You have but to extend your reach and your desire a bit more to possibly touch it.

Am most greatful...

Thank you to everyone for taking time to encourage me! Have never gotten this kind of support for anything I've been interested in before and it gives me hope for future endeavours... guidance and research will be the final keys to take me where I want to finally be...

Justine

Back