leather and lace ...

You know you all suprised me with your answers - up here the BDSM community pretty much is also a fetish community - I certainly don't feel like sceneing unless I am dressed for the part - which usually means rubber or at least a corset.

I don't think its a good thing to have such a close alliance between the two because it can make people feel uncomfortable at play parties and events. However I cetainly wouldn't give up my wardrobe!

at the last count i had; (all black)
Rubber: (latex) stockings (never try and dance in them!); long gloves; short gloves; skaters skirt; mini skirt; knickers;
Leather: hotpants; harnesses; waistcoat; cap; thong
PVC: trousers; dress
Pleated skirt; black under bust corset: black angel wings: bowler hat:
high heeled shoes: clumpy boots; knee high DM's; spike heeled boots: steel collar: choker style necklace:
feather boa (purple): military waiscoat; long white socks;

I am going shopping for mroe as soon as we can afford it - want more corsets but they don't make them for my size breasts.

Petrel, as I read your post I was picturing having a little Petrel Paper Doll set where I could mix and match all the different outfits on you.;)

MzChrista said:
I dont dress up much. I mostly wear jeans and a teeshirt or tank top. But I love my leather jacket. I hate summer I want to wear it all the time. And Doc Martins, I love them.
I sound like such a dyke dont I?
Ooh, Doc Marten's, the most comfy shoes ever. I've had the same pair since high school; they've survived two re-solings. Eight hole Docs make me happy.

Man, and I still got disrespected by the dykes this week. No fair, flag on the play--I call "violation of the Doc Marten Dyke agreement." :D

petrel--I can't find good corsets either. I'm at the large end of the cup-size spectrum, and there's fuck-all out here for me. Shopping for an F cup is no more fun than shopping for an A cup. I say we should start our own corsetry company for unusual sizes, what do you think?

Last edited:
MzChrista said:
Any babe got F cups and a pair of DMs got my respect.
You are such a joy to have around, MzC. Have I told you that already? (No, it's not sarcasm. ;))

Love the av, btw. She looks wicked, my favorite type of Lady.

Ha!

They ain't so great when they go south! Pardon me while I throw mine over my shoulders! LOL

Ebony

What is Missing?

All the post and various responses made me start thinking...

so what is it that you want, scene clothing-wise, that you just can't find?

for example, locally several of the larger ladies have expressed their frustration at not being able to find "pretty" things, not necessarily the risque, slutty-sleazy-hot mamma lingerie found in the adult stores or in catalogs, but good quality satins and lace. Or decent coverups, maybe sheer or beaded, something to help in those, "onmygoddess, I'm nekkid" moments after headspace LOL

MLP

Re: What is Missing?

MLadyPain said:
for example, locally several of the larger ladies have expressed their frustration at not being able to find "pretty" things, not necessarily the risque, slutty-sleazy-hot mamma lingerie found in the adult stores or in catalogs, but good quality satins and lace. Or decent coverups, maybe sheer or beaded, something to help in those, "onmygoddess, I'm nekkid" moments after headspace
A place called The Avenue is my very favorite clothing store. Luckily, there's one in my town - but they have an online catalogue, too. (https://www.avenue.com/avenue/index.html)

Today i spent about $200 there (three dresses [plain black, plain white - same dress, simple thin almost sheer cotton, sleeveless, immensely comfortable - and a silky sleeveless black dress with a brown/black/almost bronze duster atop it], two skirts [both black - different styles and materials - shut up - so i wear alot of black], and one totally killer, drop-dead sexy blouse). They were having a huge sale and i got everything but one dress at a steep discount.

When i'm clothes shopping, i run my hands over the material immediately after it catches my eye. It's an almost unconscious reaction. I have a narrow tolerance for uncomfortable fabrics and won't wear it if it doesn't have that certain feel and drape and fluidity of motion, you know?

Anyway, the stuff i get from this store is always very sensuous, if not outright sexy. Nothin i get from there is especially flashy, although one can find that, too. One of the skirts and the blouse i bought today are definitely overtly sexy pieces of clothing and the blouse is decidedly transparent. (Someday soon, i'm getting nipple piercings [again - and leaving them in for a change, too] and i'll want to show them off, sometime, in some appropriate venue. This blouse is for then. One must plan for the future...)

In my opinion, clothing from The Avenue is always tasteful, sophisticated, and even rather elegant. They have sportier stuff, too, but that's not why i go there - although it might interest you. (There's a LOT more in the store then is in the online catalogue; i just looked at the website. Too bad. The store near me is filled with silk and sheer and dresses/skirts/blouses that combine both in tasteful ways.)

Last edited:
Lovely

CarolineOh said:
This is where I ordered my wedding dress, they have gorgeous stuff in all sizes. The kind of things that are not tacky fetishy but look kinky on the right person, if you know what I mean.
http://www.gypsymoon.com/Html_web_store/html_web_store.cgi

Did I post a picture of my dress (really it's a skirt and blouse) here or just on the GB? Well, here it is in any case.:)

http://www.gypsymoon.com/Html_web_store/html_web_store.cgi?page=bel_sh_sk.html&cart_id=1301312.27581

and I am sure you will be lovely in it!

Ebony

Lovely Indeed.

Ebonyfire said:

and I am sure you will be lovely in it!

Ebony

Indeed, a very fetching frock! A lovely choice for a blessed day.
Lance

cellis said:
It is really quite lovely, Caroline. What color did you choose?

I looked at all the colors, then decided none of them were as fetching as the hemlock in the picture, so I went with that.
I did white the last time, and it was a stretch then.;)

Thank you cellis, Ebony and Lance.
I found the Gypsy Moon site on the web and fell in love with their stuff, and since then several people have told me that they shop there and think the quality and service are great.

My bank account is screeching already..... and you ladies are giving me more places to shop.

I'm justifying all my expenditures because i need new clothes for school this year. So far, i've bought a total of 6 new outfits and one of them is suitable for school. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work?

:)

Hooters, Peg!

woooop wooooop wooooop woooop!

OMG, did she say F-cup? AND brains?

God, boobs make me soooooo stupid.

::Um, bustin' out (pun inteded) my mp3 of "I Love Your Tits" by The Fools::

RisiaSkye said:

petrel--I can't find good corsets either. I'm at the large end of the cup-size spectrum, and there's fuck-all out here for me. Shopping for an F cup is no more fun than shopping for an A cup. I say we should start our own corsetry company for unusual sizes, what do you think?

MzChrista said:
I dont dress up much. I mostly wear jeans and a teeshirt or tank top. But I love my leather jacket. I hate summer I want to wear it all the time. And Doc Martins, I love them.
I sound like such a dyke dont I?

ummm ... just a very sincere question ... I thought "dyke" was one of the "bad words" one is not supposed to use, because it is offensive?

MzChrista, I think you look fabulous in those. I couldn't imagine you in anything else. :D

SexySusan said:

ummm ... just a very sincere question ... I thought "dyke" was one of the "bad words" one is not supposed to use, because it is offensive?

MzChrista, I think you look fabulous in those. I couldn't imagine you in anything else. :D

Its one of them I can call my brother an asshole but you cant call him that things, know what I mean.

RisiaSkye said:

I would definitely shop there ... did you know they try the bras and stuff on b-cup girls, and then just "calculate" (in other words: guess) the other sizes? How is that supposed to work? My not-so-big-boobed friends always wonder why I have to try one every single damn bra that I buy, no matter what the label says ...

MzChrista said:

Its one of them I can call my brother an asshole but you cant call him that things, know what I mean.

Can I call both of my brothers assholes, every now and then? :D

Yeah, I know what you mean. Thanks for the information, MzChrista. I sure don't want to step on anybody's toes (well, not unintentionally).

Re: Re: What is Missing?

cymbidia said:
A place called The Avenue is my very favorite clothing store. Luckily, there's one in my town - but they have an online catalogue, too. (https://www.avenue.com/avenue/index.html)

oh cool, there isn't one here (that I'm aware of) so I'll definately check out the website...ahhh, my favorite way to unwind...Retail Therapy LOL
thanks!
MLP

CarolineOh said:
This is where I ordered my wedding dress, they have gorgeous stuff in all sizes. The kind of things that are not tacky fetishy but look kinky on the right person, if you know what I mean.
http://www.gypsymoon.com/Html_web_store/html_web_store.cgi

I've seen that site but have never seen any of the clothing for real. How is the quality? does it feel as gorgeous as it looks? how does it make you feel?

inquiring minds..ya know... lol
MLP

monster666 said:
Hooters, Peg!

woooop wooooop wooooop woooop!

OMG, did she say F-cup? AND brains?

God, boobs make me soooooo stupid.

::Um, bustin' out (pun inteded) my mp3 of "I Love Your Tits" by The Fools::

And that is the other reason they're such a pain in the ass--they make some men stoopid. ;)

Seriously, though, in RL it's a problem. I miss having conversations with men, though my breasts talk with quite a few. And did I mention I teach mostly 18 & 19 year olds? :rolleyes: Yeah, *that* never gets old.

Susan, I know exactly what you mean. I've *got* everything from a 40 DD to a 38 FF, and they all fit. It depends on the company, sometimes even the style. It's a drag. I miss high school--I wore a 36D when I graduated, and that was about the last time I could actually find bras in most stores.

Caroline--great outfit. I'm sure you'll be lovely in it. BTW, if I'm not mistaken, my sister ordered a cape from the same company--a lovely velvet number in about the same hue. It's very well made. I've been trying to steal it from her for ages.

Last edited:
Back