• Sticks to the script

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daddy has money

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Spouse stares at him (her?) with silent adoration

• Seems to know lots of stuff

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Manly private pursuits (drives pickup truck; hunts)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Doesn't look stupid in a helmet

• Total voters
perdita said:
Great slate and cabinet, ella, but I want that sexy Croatian doctor with the unpronounceable name (or else the dyke with the cane).

Perdita

I was going to use the sexy Croatian, but I couldn't spell him.

Carrie (the strict one with the cane) can head up President Sheen's new Department of Correct Behavior. (She scares me!)

KenJames said:
My hat's off to you (since this is Literotica, would it be more appropriate to make that "pants"?). Those are excellent choices.

Pants are an acceptable item, yes. Thank you.

Or if you'd like to apply for Secretary of Transportation (having advised the Interior Secretary about the Toyota Prius) you may throw your pants into the ring.

It might be nice to add a new Cabinet post:

Secretary of Keeping Us Honest, More or Less

This person would be unfireable for the duration of the president's term, and would be in charge of embarrassing his/her employer whenever a lie slips out. He or she would sit in the back of the room during press conferences and interrupt a lie with a rude, "Oh, please. Come on! Nobody's buying that crap."

It could improve government by 45%.

I'm thinking Al Franken.

Re: Vermin Love & De Buonaparte 2004

lucky-E-leven said:

or i'd settle for george carlin and janine garofolo:D

I'd definitely vote for the Garofolo/Carlin ticket. I'd have to think about a Carlin/Garofolo ticket. Something about George Carlin in the oval office scares me...

- Mindy

shereads said:
Carrie (the strict one with the cane) can head up President Sheen's new Department of Correct Behavior. (She scares me!)

But it's a good kind of scared isn't it, she? :devil:

- Mindy

shereads said:
Secretary of Keeping Us Honest, More or Less
That used to be the job of The Fool. For good examples see Shakespeare. Fools could force the truth on kings w/o fear of death or mutilation. I can't find the source but I have a copy somewhere of a 16th c. engraving of a Fool going down a banquet table and hitting the courtiers with a pig's bladder.

Perdita

perdita said:
That used to be the job of The Fool. For good examples see Shakespeare. Fools could force the truth on kings w/o fear of death or mutilation. I can't find the source but I have a copy somewhere of a 16th c. engraving of a Fool going down a banquet table and hitting the courtiers with a pig's bladder.

Perdita

That was Dan Quayle, Perdita.

Or it might have been poor Gerald Ford, the president I'll always remember for his having hosted Queen Elizabeth at the White House, where they danced to the tune of "That's Why The Lady Is A Tramp."

shereads said:
Pants are an acceptable item, yes. Thank you.

Or if you'd like to apply for Secretary of Transportation (having advised the Interior Secretary about the Toyota Prius) you may throw your pants into the ring.
Consider the pants tossed.

perdita said:

Perdita
Yeah, but look what happened to the Fool in "King Lear."

KenJames said:
Yeah, but look what happened to the Fool in "King Lear."
That's a question scholars have not been able to answer. He merely disappears from the text. I have my own opinions but will keep them to myself.

Perdita

perdita said:
That's a question scholars have not been able to answer. He merely disappears from the text. I have my own opinions but will keep them to myself.

Perdita

Now 'Dita, that's downright unamerican! Keeping your opinions to yourself! Hmmph. I've never heard such insanity.

- Mindy, with an opinion on everything no matter how uninformed I may be

perdita said:

Perdita
I've seen "King Lear" performed and read the play several times. I thought there was a reference to him being killed or someone ordering him to be killed, but I'll defer to your scholarship.

shereads said:
Wouldn't it be worth it to have "Fool" on your business cards?

For me it would be more worth it to hear even on person utter

"I pity the fool" :D

KenJames said:
I've seen "King Lear" performed and read the play several times. I thought there was a reference to him being killed or someone ordering him to be killed, but I'll defer to your scholarship.
Ken, it's Edmund who orders Cordelia to be hanged. After Lear brings in her body, among his laments he says, "And my poor fool is hanged." He is not referring to 'the' fool, but his one daughter who, like the fool, would not lie to him.

It is oft' difficult to know whether or what text might have been lost with the folios or quartos, e.g., as with the fool merely disappearing after the storm scenes, but for me it is fitting, for at that point Lear no longer "needs" him; he's been through his dark night and come out sane, and it only increases the tragedy to come.

I love this play above all. Best,

Perdita

perdita said:
Ken, it's Edmund who orders Cordelia to be hanged. After Lear brings in her body, among his laments he says, "And my poor fool is hanged." He is not referring to 'the' fool, but his one daughter who, like the fool, would not lie to him.

It is oft' difficult to know whether or what text might have been lost with the folios or quartos, e.g., as with the fool merely disappearing after the storm scenes, but for me it is fitting, for at that point Lear no longer "needs" him; he's been through his dark night and come out sane, and it only increases the tragedy to come.

I love this play above all. Best,

Perdita
I remember that now. It certainly makes more dramatic sense for him to be referring to Cordelia. I just have trouble getting over the initial impression that line gave me.

I have trouble picking a favorite Shakespear play. It's currently "Romeo and Juliet," because a niece played Juliet in a big production a couple of years ago. "Lear" is definitely near the top of my all-time list, though.

destinie21 said:
For me it would be more worth it to hear even on person utter

"I pity the fool" :D
Urr, you mean like . . . Mr. T? (cringe!)

I really wish this had been a multiple answer-poll. I ahd a hard time deciding betwen "absence of uterus" and "daddy's got money".

And where's the "absence of brain"-alternative?

Just finished reading 'Dude, Where's My Country', so there's really only one choice...

logo.gif

Op-rah! Op-rah!

cahab said:
Just finished reading 'Dude, Where's My Country', so there's really only one choice...

logo.gif

Op-rah! Op-rah!

Not until she apologizes to David Letterman.

Back