New Poems To Talk About

Re: a formal q.

Senna Jawa said:
Is this and the other thread about new poems for praise only or may/should some misgivings about the praised poems be voiced here too? May be only in other threads, with the author's encouragement only?

Regards,

LOL

Senna, apparently you haven't taken time to learn a little about UP. He's a real critic that some love to hate. Personally, I prefer him over all the slapping on the back crap.

I don't know anyone that cranks out masterpiece one after another so when all I hear folks doing is gushing over one another, I'm suspect. I think somebody is lying or at the least working too hard to be nice. Try being honest and nice. That doesn't require lying.

I think a work that illustrates real craft should be praised, and I think areas that clearly could be improved should be discussed.

I'm not interested in talking about how a poet feels. That's none of my business. Feelings shouldn't be disputed. What we can discuss is how a poet expresses what he feels. Big difference and those interested in hanging the "poet" shingle out for all to see should know the difference.

Peace,

daughter

Back