One of your all time favorite movies

The Keep is my all time favourite... with Nightmare on Elm Street a close secong

Tombstone
The Oulaw Josey Wales
Pleasantville
The Shawshank Redemption
Dragonslayer
The Last Starfighter
The Princess Bride
Krull
Willow
Ford vs Ferrari
The Big Lebowski (John Goodman was ROBBED for not winning best supporting actor)

Ghostbusters

Top Gun

Major League

Star Wars Episode IV (Theatric release where Han shoots first and no MACLUNKY...a man has to have standards)

Not much luv for foreign films.

Here is one if you like cloak and dagger type flicks about the Cold War era. The Lives of Others-(2006), German made, subtitled if I remember.

Basically a member of the STASI becomes involved in his targets lives. It is EXCELLENT! Some hot love scenes to boot. It is German after all. Enjoy! Gute Nacht!

The Quiet Man has to rank in my top three movies of all time! If anyone isn’t familiar, it stars John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara, who were very close friends in real life and it translates on screen.
…and was filmed fairly close to where Maureen grew up. She speaks naturally in that movie. That is her natural accent. And some critics said it sounded fake! 😳🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

…and was filmed fairly close to where Maureen grew up. She speaks naturally in that movie. That is her natural accent. And some critics said it sounded fake! 😳🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I’ve seen a documentary on the making of the QM. I think John Ford was from that area of Ireland also? It’v very interesting if you haven’t seen it. It may be part of the box set I own.

It is only narrowly edged out of first place with me by Fiddler on the Roof. I have a much younger friend who favors O'Hara in those days.
#s 3 & 4 for me would be 2 Bollywood movies:
Like Stars on Earth
3 Idiots.

Back