One of your all time favorite movies

exividere2 said:
Not because they are exceedingly great movies...but anytime I see Hudson Hawk or Tommy Boy on I feel compelled to sit and watch...

Hey, I'm the same way with 'Road House'! :cool: :cool: :cool: It's like Patrick Swayzee's mullet just... sucks... you... in... can't... resist... bad... acting... must... watch... :D :D :D

A Few Good Men

Another great ensemble film, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when Tom Cruise actually tried to act rather then just rely on his charm... and he wasn't all psycho. :confused:

James Bond...

...any of them...except for the last one...that was just bad...or the one with George Lazenby...don't like hime so much

Independence Day

Not brilliant sci-fi but fun as all hell! And Will Smith is freaking hysterical! :nana: :nana: :nana:

The Truman Show
The Incredibles
Star Trek: First Contact
Rookie of the Year
Sense and Sensibility (an acquired taste, like spinach)
Pleasantville
E.T.
The Fifth Element
Dodgeball
Liar Liar

LOL! LOVED 'Dodgeball'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

White Goodman: Nobody makes me bleed my own blood. NOBODY.

Identity

Great film, combination of murder-mystery, 'Twilight Zone' episode, and just a general mind-fuck! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

The Man from Snowy River

Outstanding coming-of-age story in turn of the century New Zealand.

Asoka
The Crow
Children of men
The 300
12 Angry Men
Whale Rider
Rock and Rule
Kal Ho Naa Ho

to name but a few

how could I forget:

Donnie Darko (original is fucking amazing - directors cut even more so)
Existenz
Pi
History of Violence

pretty_green_eyes said:
John Cusack and Ray Liotta?

Excellent movie. From beginning to end.

Yep. :D :cool: :D :cool:

I remember watching it the first time and TRYING to figure out what the fuck is going on and my date going 'Just watch the fukcing movie!' (She had already seen it.)

... then at the end going 'OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!'

Brave Maximus said:
how could I forget:

Donnie Darko (original is fucking amazing - directors cut even more so)
Existenz
Pi
History of Violence

LOVED 'History of Violence'! William Hurt was hysterical during his scene and Viggo rules!

Darkknight2010 said:
Yep. :D :cool: :D :cool:

I remember watching it the first time and TRYING to figure out what the fuck is going on and my date going 'Just watch the fukcing movie!' (She had already seen it.)

... then at the end going 'OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!'
I pretty much had the same reaction, but there were a few holy fucks mixed in with the oh my gods.

Darkknight2010 said:
LOVED 'History of Violence'! William Hurt was hysterical during his scene and Viggo rules!

I was really impressed with Viggo's acting in this one. I'm a bit of a Viggo fan anyway and a huge Cronenburg fan. But the scene where he finally admits who he is - and the change in character (stance, voice, etc) was amazing.

pretty_green_eyes said:
I pretty much had the same reaction, but there were a few holy fucks mixed in with the oh my gods.

LOL! Yeah, I still have that reaction when I re-watch it. :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy:

Back