Parental Influences on BDSM Development

In a BDSM relationship who are you and how do your parents interact as a couple?

• I'm male, submissive, dad was dominant while my mom was submissive (in nature)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I'm male, submissive, dad was sub while mom was dom

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I'm male, dominant, dad was dominant and mom was submissive

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • I'm male, dominant, mom was dominant and dad was submissive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm dominant and I had a single parent

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I'm female, submissive, dad was dominant, mom was submissive

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • I'm female, submissive, dad was submissive, mom was dominant

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • I'm female, dominant, dad was dominant, mom was submissive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm female, dominant, dad was submissive, mom was dominant

• I'm submissive and I had a single parent.

• Total voters
hmmm.... None of the options really fit us.

I'm a dominant, bi female, have a good relationship with my father, neither he nor my mother are definitely dominant or submissive, but I wouldn't call them switches either.

Karen is a dominant, bi female, has a good relationship with her mother. Her mother is definitely in charge, father was the disciplinarian, but mother did discipline too.

I can't reply to the choices as given either. I don't think of either of them as clearly submissive or Dominant in nature, nor in their interaction - I don't think they would consider themselves one or the other as well. my parents also married other people long ago, so don't qualify as single.

SkylineBlue said:

My dad has his own checkbook by mom does the finances. And she's constantly having to curb his music related expenses. She did however let him go to uhm .. music camp. Oh god, my dad is 12.

This one time....at band camp.....

heehee sorry I couldn't resist:p

In my family, there really wasn't a Dominant figure, Mom was stay at home, Dad worked quite a bit, but neither was really that Dominant

Back