Patience

Re: Training Patience

Ebonyfire said:
I think it behooves a dominant to take the time to teach patience to his or her submissive.

Why? Because submissives do a lot of waiting for something to happen.

Eb you said it all.

I love the way you can go through all of the posts and pull it all together for everyone. :)

Re: Re: Training Patience

kayte said:
Eb you said it all.

I love the way you can go through all of the posts and pull it all together for everyone. :)

Thank you. I try to help if I can.

Patience finding partners

As a new dom this is the most difficult thing I have had to deal with so far. It almost seems like it is a test to see if I have the qualities of a good dom.

I refuse not to be honest and forthcoming about the fact that I am new and have no real time expereince. And the price for my honesty seems to be a lack of interest from both experienced or new subs.

Is pateince to allow a new dom to grow a lost art with subs:confused:

Re: Patience finding partners

ropeman64 said:
As a new dom this is the most difficult thing I have had to deal with so far. It almost seems like it is a test to see if I have the qualities of a good dom.

I refuse not to be honest and forthcoming about the fact that I am new and have no real time expereince. And the price for my honesty seems to be a lack of interest from both experienced or new subs.

Is pateince to allow a new dom to grow a lost art with subs:confused:

The thing that is most important is your skill level, and not how many years you have been in the lifestyle. There are far too many Dom/mes who are oldies but moldies.

It is harder for male Doms to be new because of the speed that the relationships develop between femsubs and male Doms. I did not have too bad a time because there are so few Dommes, I established my credentials up front by being very focused and good at dominance. I studied very hard, and I played within the confines of and established BDSM Group.

I agree with those who have said that the more worthwile someting is to have the more one is willing to be patient to get it. My pet currently lives in VA. This has developed into a most folfilling (sp) relationship for both of us with the exception of the distance. So we are both excersizing patients until he can make the move up here. I have set a time frame, but it requires me to be patient until it can happen. I have dicided that my pet is worth waiting for, it is as simple as that.

NYCgirl

Re: Re: Patience finding partners

Ebonyfire said:
The thing that is most important is your skill level, and not how many years you have been in the lifestyle. There are far too many Dom/mes who are oldies but moldies.

I have opened a new thread in BDSM Talk named Skill set for a dom/domme and would love to hear what skills you thought were important. :)

Thanks for your response.

Patience is an acquired skill. None are born with it. Lucky are those that learn it's true meaning.

But at what point do you stop having patience? When have you been tested too much?

I am not a patient sub.
Sir is very patient.

but i test his patience too often sometimes, and fear one day it will be too much...

when is too much, too much?

InnerDarkness said:
But at what point do you stop having patience? When have you been tested too much?

See, I think that you can never have too much patience. I have discontinued with subs who thought I moved too slowly. So be it.

No one sets the pace of My dominance, but Me. If it is too fast for some, they must find another. If it is too slow for others, they must find another.

If there is one leader, and the other must follow. If you cannot follow My lead, then perhaps it is time for you to move on.

Just My opinion on My way.

Back