Plagiarism and A Free Site

I don’t get it either. If I post a picture somewhere that’s made by, say, Picasso, and then people tell me how great it is, what’s in it for me? Because the praise that’s not about something that I’ve done is just… nothing to do with me. I sincerely can’t understand that. Now if someone is trying to make money off it then at least there’s some tangible motive, though thoroughly morally reprehensible.That
Sadly, the new standard of measurement of 'success' or 'happiness' is the number of Likes that one gets.

I don’t get it either. If I post a picture somewhere that’s made by, say, Picasso, and then people tell me how great it is, what’s in it for me? Because the praise that’s not about something that I’ve done is just… nothing to do with me. I sincerely can’t understand that. Now if someone is trying to make money off it then at least there’s some tangible motive, though thoroughly morally reprehensible.
I could even understand if someone reads a story and thinks they have ideas to improve it. In the case I cited, the new author did add about 20% more to the story with more setting up front.

But when I read a story with what I considered a GREAT idea, I contacted the author and asked if he'd mind me posting my own vision for that same idea. My "Unique Rewards of Yoga" in no way copied any of the author's story text. But just the fact I thought LMWM321's plot in "Midnight Yoga as Husband Sleeps" was unique, I felt compelled to ask permission. I even asked if he'd beta-read it for me before posting and gave him credit for the idea in my Author's Note. And I asked and gave Millie credit and asked her to beta read my "A Gathering of Trolls" because I was inspired by her comments here in the forum to poke at the LW incels. (I didn't spell out her full ID to avoid attracting LW trolls to 1-bomb her stories.)

I'm sure there are many stories posted here on Literotica by us amateur authors which can be improved. And it isn't difficult to send an e-mail or private message another author to ASK PERMISSION to rewrite their work in a collaborative effort to make a better story.

Nothing is created from a vacuum, and we all should give credit where credit is due when there's an obvious link to someone else's work.

And it isn't difficult to send an e-mail or private message another author to ASK PERMISSION to rewrite their work in a collaborative effort to make a better story.
I really like this sentiment. I guess one would have to be slightly more diplomatic than my kneejerk reaction to some stories: "I really want to like your story but your grammar sucks."

But, Yeah, I agree Simon is being rather arrogant in believing that the author took down the post due to HIS e-mail ... (after so many other comments and even prior violations, LOL.)

That's an uncharitable interpretation, but that's nothing new in this forum. I sent a message to the author and within a few minutes the story was down. It's certainly possible it was a response. I have no idea. I thought people might be curious to know about it, but as usual people go in negative directions in interpreting others' comments.

That's an uncharitable interpretation, but that's nothing new in this forum. I sent a message to the author and within a few minutes the story was down. It's certainly possible it was a response. I have no idea. I thought people might be curious to know about it, but as usual people go in negative directions in interpreting others' comments.
It has been pointed out that the author has done this at least twice previously.

Your interpretation of why the story was taken down, crediting the plagiarizing author with doing the right thing was uncharitable to the site admins.

So, I would agree with your point "you have no idea." But to suggest it was your e-mail which promoted it seems ... IMO, arrogant.

It has been pointed out that the author has done this at least twice previously.

Your interpretation of why the story was taken down, crediting the plagiarizing author with doing the right thing was uncharitable to the site admins.

So, I would agree with your point "you have no idea." But to suggest it was your e-mail which promoted it seems ... IMO, arrogant.

Wow...Somebody needs a nap.

I was once accused of plagiarizing my own story on another account. The stories were identical same name and everything, except I'd used a different author's name on the other site. The funny thing was though, the accuser was using the original story on Lit. to say it was plagiarized from more recent posting. I kindly pointed out how the date of the original was older, and I was the original author of both, his/her comment disappeared without an apology or added comments.

Last edited:
Back