Poetry in Progress ~ construction zone

WickedEve said:
The lack of an "if" is growing on me, but not the "strong." Let me read again. I may end up accepting it.

I'll consider removing "strong." Let me know if you decide to like it. Thank you.

:rose:

WickedEve said:
Okay, I'm only on line 3 and I'm thrown like a bad tomato, because of your fingers. "Your fingers’ whispering leaves." Are you sure you want that apostrophe? "Your fingers, whispering leaves," or "Your fingers' whispering leaves." Two entirely different things.

Senora/Senorita, I am muy siento for your tomato experience. I see your point about the apostrophe. It was a revision that I think is not working. I shall change it.

Eleanora Day said:
Senora/Senorita, I am muy siento for your tomato experience. I see your point about the apostrophe. It was a revision that I think is not working. I shall change it.
It's a good thing that I'm here to point out these tiny flaws.

I'm not quite sure I get the way this is worded. "You rain
the open earth of me"

Please explain.

WickedEve said:
Ellie? Line 4: wind’s caress. Dry heaves here... I don't know about that caressing wind. Wait. Are you rhyming that caress with something?

No, but it has to be there because of the pattern of end words. If I change it, I'll have to change the whole poem and this Senora, makes me loco, makes me want to tear out my hair. I know you are gagging because it is trite, bit maybe no one else will notice. ;)

WickedEve said:
I'm not quite sure I get the way this is worded. "You rain
the open earth of me"

Please explain.

Do you think it should be "on the open..."? Your esteemed colleague Lauren Hynde told me the lines were too inconsistent graphically and the poem didn't look right, so I've been cutting--and now I am torn...

Eleanora Day said:
No, but it has to be there because of the pattern of end words. If I change it, I'll have to change the whole poem and this Senora, makes me loco, makes me want to tear out my hair. I know you are gagging because it is trite, bit maybe no one else will notice. ;)
I notice everything. :) I also understand that triteness is sometimes unavoidable in form poetry, at least, some of it.

Eleanora Day said:
Do you think it should be "on the open..."? Your esteemed colleague Lauren Hynde told me the lines were too inconsistent graphically and the poem didn't look right, so I've been cutting--and now I am torn...
Why do you listen to that girl? ;)
It just sounds a little confusing. Maybe it's my plastic brain. There's a piece chipped off.
With the "on" it makes sense.

WickedEve said:
Why do you listen to that girl? ;)
It just sounds a little confusing. Maybe it's my plastic brain. There's a piece chipped off.
With the "on" it makes sense.

No, you could be right. I appreciate all your suggestions. Any others from you or any of the wonderful poets here are appreciated.

Eleanora Day said:
No, you could be right. I appreciate all your suggestions. Any others from you or any of the wonderful poets here are appreciated.

I haven't even made my way through the first stanza yet. But I'll take a break and let you, um, absorb my suggestions. lol

WickedEve said:
I haven't even made my way through the first stanza yet. But I'll take a break and let you, um, absorb my suggestions. lol

Muchas gracias a usted.

:heart:

Angeline said:
She sounds like me. lol. :D
It's like your av. You keep finding ones that look like you. So, now you're finding poets who sound like you. This is interesting and insignificant.
Another piece of the poetry board is sacrificed for a meaningless post. I weep. Tears are falling on my keyboard. My god, it's beautiful and inspiring! Ah, finally I have found poetic inspiration! (I believe in making all meaningless posts count, damn it!)

WickedEve said:
It's like your av. You keep finding ones that look like you. So, now you're finding poets who sound like you. This is interesting and insignificant.
Another piece of the poetry board is sacrificed for a meaningless post. I weep. Tears are falling on my keyboard. My god, it's beautiful and inspiring! Ah, finally I have found poetic inspiration! (I believe in making all meaningless posts count, damn it!)

I found a whole bunch I like today. Maybe I'll put up me again in the middle of them all, lol.

Oh. This was meaningless, right? Well I always have poetry in progress, so it's not entirely unrelated.

Angeline said:
I found a whole bunch I like today. Maybe I'll put up me again in the middle of them all, lol.

Oh. This was meaningless, right? Well I always have poetry in progress, so it's not entirely unrelated.
You know... I, um, never come onto this thread. What goes on here? :D

WickedEve said:
You know... I, um, never come onto this thread. What goes on here? :D

Usually nothing much. Me, champagne, tath, and pat carrington post poems here and sometimes people say something about them. Either way, we fiddle with them in this thread (the poems, that is) until we love them enough to submit somewhere or hate them enough to put them away for awhile.

You're a breath of fresh air.

Angeline said:
Usually nothing much. Me, champagne, tath, and pat carrington post poems here and sometimes people say something about them. Either way, we fiddle with them in this thread (the poems, that is) until we love them enough to submit somewhere or hate them enough to put them away for awhile.

You're a breath of fresh air.
I once lost a poem here!

I posted the only copy of the text I had, then too many days and too many posts went by and the poor fellow slipped below the waves for the last time.

I hope sponges and coral have discovered him and cleaned him up a bit.

flyguy69 said:
I once lost a poem here!

I posted the only copy of the text I had, then too many days and too many posts went by and the poor fellow slipped below the waves for the last time.

I hope sponges and coral have discovered him and cleaned him up a bit.

You could look for it you know. 17 pages isn't too bad. :)

Back