Post scene communication

CarolineOh said:
I attended a discussion meeting recently at which several Doms expressed the opinion that aftercare was "counterproductive" as it, in their opinion, lessened the impact of their dominance, and that they believed that most subs did not really want aftercare, and thought being left where they are, emotionally, at the end of the scene heightens their feelings of submission.
I wonder if anyone could comment on this view of the issue.

I wonder if this attitude is more prevalent in relationships that do not have love as its foundation/base?

dropping by with My 2cents.

After care as it GENERALLY happens in My home.

~I wind the play down slowly and the after care begins before the physical bondage begins to loosen. As each implement is removed I increase the bondage of the emotions with the firm and caring caress of My voice.

Communicating My pleasure and pride in the endurance for My entertainment as the softness of My hands back up the care in My voice. Slowlyyyyy taking My toy back to complete nakedness devoid of all the trappings of My physical Domination until the only reminder is the blindfold.

I sit beside the sub as I talk them back to the moment, soothingly and then advise them I will be removing the blindfold so they can prepare to keep their eyes closed.

I lie beside him or her and take that treasure into My arms with their head upon My chest, My left hand holding their head firmly against My breast so they can be lulled into a deeper contentment by My heart beat. I advise them to sleep while I watch over them. To feel no stress, relax and let the mind and the body fall deeper and deeper into subspace. Stroking their hair until I feel the body go limp.

~I am in no hurry to change the moment whether it takes 10 minutes or three hours. At the first sign of stirring in My arms I tighten My hold on their body to show the firmness of My control has not ebbed as I begin to gently ask if they wish to talk and process now or not.

OCCASSIONALLY in a training I will know that a sub needs to process on his or her own. They have already found a position of meditation that works well for themselves. I will allow these subs the privacy that they need to get in touch with their inner selves looking in on them often but quietly enough not to break their mood. I will not leave this sub for more than an hour before I break into their space. Checking to be sure they are ok.

Once it has been affirmed that they are fine I will advise them that I will be going to my leather chair and that I will expect them at My feet very soon. I like them to lay their head upon My knee as I stroke their hair and begin to speak of where they are at that moment.

says the chatter box Domme.

well, I guess it all varries.....

sometimes it happens as a "matter of discission" that incorperates a few days worth of info to go over.

Sometimes it comes right after during cuddle time..

and then there is always the journal.

Sorry for such a simple answer, not much else for me to say though;)

:rose: lia

Back