RACK versus SSC

Ebonyfire said:
People attributed mental illness to a lot of things.

For example, sexual intercourse in any position other than missionary is considered an aberration worthy of mental illness.

Disobedient women, were considered mentally ill and committed to institutions because they exercised free will.

And some even had lobotomies performed on them to modify their behaviour to more acceptable by male dominated mental health standards.....didn't matter they had no emotion left afterwards, as long as they were quiet and manageable. Frances Farmer (http://www.cchr.org/art/eng/page34.htm) was a Hollywood actress who suffered these abuses and her story was later told in film.

Catalina

Last edited:
i agree with the thought process behind RACK. Yes, the acronyms make me a little nutty too.

Aware of the risk? That is always a must. Does being aware of the risk make the practice, whether that be knife play or scat, any safer? No it doesn't.

i have always identified SSC with control ... control of a scene/play, what happens during a scene/play and the outcome of these events. There is no way to guarantee the end result of each encounter in BDSM, however, SSC dictates that a) the sub/slave/bottom can rely upon a trustworthy environment and have faith that the Dominant has their well being at heart, b) the scene/play will not spill over into something they cannot handle, hence limits/contracts, and c) the consensual part is just that ... both parties are aware of what they are doing and willingly consent to enter something that has its risks.

i say keep them both. The article made some valid points.

lara

SSC RACK GBLT BDSM AC/DC

All of these acronyms only prove one thing. Perverts are lazy writers.

s'lara said:
i agree with the thought process behind RACK. Yes, the acronyms make me a little nutty too.

Aware of the risk? That is always a must. Does being aware of the risk make the practice, whether that be knife play or scat, any safer? No it doesn't.

i have always identified SSC with control ... control of a scene/play, what happens during a scene/play and the outcome of these events. There is no way to guarantee the end result of each encounter in BDSM, however, SSC dictates that a) the sub/slave/bottom can rely upon a trustworthy environment and have faith that the Dominant has their well being at heart, b) the scene/play will not spill over into something they cannot handle, hence limits/contracts, and c) the consensual part is just that ... both parties are aware of what they are doing and willingly consent to enter something that has its risks.

i say keep them both. The article made some valid points.

lara

Love this analysis..thanks s'lara

Catalina

I feel I've missed something...RACK stands for Risk Aware Sexual Kink....I get RASK....where is the 'C' in this?

Catalina

catalina_francisco said:
I feel I've missed something...RACK stands for Risk Aware Sexual Kink....I get RASK....where is the 'C' in this?

Catalina

RACK stands for Risk Aware Consentual Kink.

Bumping up the thread.

Lately a lot has been said about SSC maybe we should start the discussion started by MissTaken again about RACK versus SSC.

Francisco.

Back