Same Five Senses Challenge

Are we confessing because Remec, legerdemer and Champ have got me?

I might as well fess up to #3 in that almost everyone guessed it.

BTW, my lovely wife, daughter, and much older son (from a prior marriage) are in London going ga-ga as tourists before flying back tomorrow.

Rule Britannia! (Except, of course, you know, a couple plus centuries ago.)

One person has me. :)

Which makes me responsible for either 2, 7, 9, or 11. ;)

Katie already confessed to 5.

And, even if they were wild guesses, thanks for guessing me for the ones that aren't mine. :rose:

I know you're not 2 because that's me :)

I might as well fess up to #3 in that almost everyone guessed it.

BTW, my lovely wife, daughter, and much older son (from a prior marriage) are in London going ga-ga as tourists before flying back tomorrow.

Rule Britannia! (Except, of course, you know, a couple plus centuries ago.)

How fabulous, I hope they got some of the good weather before it decided to rain! :)

Ok I'm owning up to 2 and 6, I thought I'd be caught for 6 the Blitz poem, because at the very beginning of the quest I was on about Angeline's touch of the wind :)
By the way Grockles is a real word for holidaymakers usually in Devon or Cornwall, I'd have been caught if anyone had Googled :D

Last edited:

And, even if they were wild guesses, thanks for guessing me for the ones that aren't mine. :rose:

hehe yes yes and visa versa !!! about being picked for others and others for mine hehe its beyond flattering and humbling even if just guessing

though I suppose I must fess up to writing 12 I got made already twice over heh :p

Well, AlwaysHungry already confessed to authoring 7, so not that one either. :)

All authors' names have now been posted next to the poems they wrote. Thank you all for the wonderful array of responses to the challenge and for your willingness to participate. :rose:s x 12 for all!

All authors' names have now been posted next to the poems they wrote. Thank you all for the wonderful array of responses to the challenge and for your willingness to participate. :rose:s x 12 for all!

And to you too, Angie, for hosting it.

Thanks, for your efforts, Ange and to everyone who said nice things about #5.:)

I enjoyed reading all the poems and really like watching the same words come alive in so many different ways.

And to you too, Angie, for hosting it.

Thanks, for your efforts, Ange and to everyone who said nice things about #5.:)

I enjoyed reading all the poems and really like watching the same words come alive in so many different ways.

Thanks folks! I love seeing same title type challenges because it fascinates me to see people take the same words or ideas in really different directions. It's a testament to the creativity of the people who write here. :)

Thanks for hosting Angie - I only got 1 right but only guessed at 3.

And yes it is interesting to see the different slants people take to the same 5 words.

Note to UYS - Lorna Doone's really is and ice cream parlour off Wassaga Beach. I understand the name is now Lorna Dune, but wouldn't be surprised if the wife of the first owner had a say in naming it. We were a Brit colony after all.

I also suspect that Art's father named the cottage after the village in County Durham where his family came from.

And yes it is interesting to see the different slants people take to the same 5 words.

Note to UYS - Lorna Doone's really is and ice cream parlour off Wassaga Beach. I understand the name is now Lorna Dune, but wouldn't be surprised if the wife of the first owner had a say in naming it. We were a Brit colony after all.

I also suspect that Art's father named the cottage after the village in County Durham where his family came from.

Thanks so much, Ange - terrific challenge!

Thank you both (and thank you all) for participating. These really are cool when we can get a good group like we did here. :)

Aha that accounts for it, thanks for explaining :)

I know you're not 2 because that's me :)

Ok I'm owning up to 2 and 6, I thought I'd be caught for 6 the Blitz poem, because at the very beginning of the quest I was on about Angeline's touch of the wind :)
By the way Grockles is a real word for holidaymakers usually in Devon or Cornwall, I'd have been caught if anyone had Googled :D

I Googled Grockles*, which is why I guessed you for #2. :D

I had you for #6 at one point, but ended up with Remec because he's Blitzed a bit, and I was having a hard time assigning him to anything else. He went prose-y and stumped me!

I managed seven correct guesses, though only four of those were without hints and thread chatter. :)

I'll had my thanks for running the thread, too, Angie. This was fun. :rose:

*Grockles giggle when Googled for guesses.

Though I didn't post my guesses, I got 3 correct: Gm, Annie for #6 and Sinseria for #12.

Well I got AH and Piscator mixed up in geography..

Was great fun in reading you lot. Maybe I'll grab the challenge next time round.

Keep poeting poets. I love your words

Thanks for hosting the first SFSC Ange. It was a good one.

I Googled Grockles*, which is why I guessed you for #2. :D

I had you for #6 at one point, but ended up with Remec because he's Blitzed a bit, and I was having a hard time assigning him to anything else. He went prose-y and stumped me!

I managed seven correct guesses, though only four of those were without hints and thread chatter. :)

I'll had my thanks for running the thread, too, Angie. This was fun. :rose:

*Grockles giggle when Googled for guesses.

Clever girl :)

hehehe :D

Yeah, and I entered almost at the last minute, too. ;)

I kept trying this and that and, finally, just thought I'd go for a prose poem since nothing seemed to be gelling with any of the forms I had been attempting.

:cool:

hehehe :D

Yeah, and I entered almost at the last minute, too. ;)

I kept trying this and that and, finally, just thought I'd go for a prose poem since nothing seemed to be gelling with any of the forms I had been attempting.

:cool:

Sneaky! I quite liked it, by the way. :)

Back