Shoes and the Women Who Love Them

dr_mabeuse said:
A woman who wore these boots would look like one of Santa's Elves in BDSM drag. Those toes! Those are the same toes that the Grinch has on his boots.

Since when did Dr. Suess toes become high fashion?

---dr.M.

P.S. What do you think about opening finance offices in these places like Jimmy Choo's? Cash rebates, no Payments till 2005, that kind of thing?

The boot in question:

attachment.php

I think it looks fabulous. Nothhing Dr. Suuess about it.

Last edited:
shereads said:
You are not invited to the AH "Naked Except for Black Stillettos" Tea Party next week.

Hey am I invited and can the shoe have a series of ankle straps?
:D of course it the answer is yes I'm going to have to get ready :)

lets see manicure, haircut, waxing...

Why shoes?

Why shoes and not handbags, bras, ect?

Well, we are usually crazy about just about anything we can shop for, and all clothing in particular, but shoes do have a special place in our hearts.

1. Shoes look great on or off. As Perdita said, they are like objecects d'art. and they come in pairs- like our own set of twins. (possible subconcious motherly instincts?- who knows)

2. Variety. I think the fact that there *is* so much variety in woman's shoes make them exciting. I mean of course men aren't interested in shopping for shoes- look what they have to choose from. No wonder some gay men would rather dress like women!

3. Shoes are in one way practical. (You gotta have shoes, right) and in another way an indulgence. Phycologically they are so easy to buy. (In otherwords, its easy to justify the need for another pair:)) Unlike a scarf which might be fun, might be a great accessory, ect. But we don't *have* to have a scarf (unless we have a hicky to cover up) And unlike a bra or lingerey, they are going to be seen by everybody.

4. Shoes have a personality. Women love these kinds of opportunities to express themselves and there individuality. Shoes can be wild, classy, sexy, slutty, playful, ect. ect. Just slip them on your feet, and you are transformed into wild, classy, sexy, ect. So in addition to being expressive, they are a magic portal:) Cinderella had her magic slippers, and we of course have ours.

5. Shoes look so good by themselves, it is easy to imagine that they will go with everything in our closet. (But then we get them home and they don't so we don't wear them) Most other clothing articles are displayed with other items. We start to think, if I get that shirt, I'll need that skirt, those stockings, those shoes.... But with shoes, therere they are all by themselves and they look great! We can just get the shoes, they are so faboulous, they will transform every ordinary outfit we own. Or if not, we can still look sexy if we just strip down and wear the shoes (like the strippers and the topless models do) Shoes just seem to 'stand alone' (get it?) [and they will 'take us where we want to go]

6. There are probably more. Shoes are sexy. heals make our legs look shaplier. They are a treat that isn't fattening.

7. High heal shoes are what we saw women wear when we were little girls so they became a right of passage. (Men don't get to wear special shoes that they aren't allowed to wear as children. Who knows, maybe that's the biggest reason of all.

Re: Why shoes?

sweetnpetite said:
7. High heal shoes are what we saw women wear when we were little girls so they became a right of passage. (Men don't get to wear special shoes that they aren't allowed to wear as children. Who knows, maybe that's the biggest reason of all.

Barbie.

Remember Barbie's feet? If Barbie were real, her feet would be relatively tinier than MG's, and they are permanently in the tip-toe position so that she can't wear flats even to the beach. Hell, when Barbie is skiing or surfing, Barbie is still wearing stillettos.

If Baribe had worn Tevas, I'd feel better about mine.

Last edited:
perdita said:
I love period shoes, wish I could find them, and in my size. I personally find ankle straps sexy, and love the feel of them. I so would love real silk stockings too. Gosh, it sounds like we'd have fun shopping together.

Perdita :heart:

If you ever make it to New Orleans Dita and get some time in the Quarter during the day slip over to Bienville Street. The last time I was there it seemed like for two blocks there were nothing but antique and estate sale shops. The lot I got was from an aution and my bid wasn't all that high. Some of the thigs were astronimical, but it was an absolute blast, one of the memories I treasure. The shops are more expensive, but you just never know what you will find :)

-Colly

Colleen Thomas said:
If you ever make it to New Orleans Dita and get some time in the Quarter during the day slip over to Bienville Street. The last time I was there it seemed like for two blocks there were nothing but antique and estate sale shops. The lot I got was from an aution and my bid wasn't all that high. Some of the thigs were astronimical, but it was an absolute blast, one of the memories I treasure. The shops are more expensive, but you just never know what you will find :)

-Colly

E-Bay sells vintage clothing AND new designer stuff - worn once or not at all by someone who impulse-purchased - at auction.

There are Manolo Blahnik shoes galore on E-Bay right now. None in my size. (scowls.) Or MGs. (scowls again; considers getting botox so I can't scowl anymore.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: )*&^%&#!!

shereads said:
Win I win the lottery I'll give you your own shoemaker.
Dear Shere,
When I was in grad school, one of the postdocs was extremely interested in my feet and shoes. He even offered to take a pair of my shoes home to clean and polish them for me.

I was about eighteen and very naive. One of the profs took me aside and told me about fetishes. I thought he was crazy, because nobody could be interested in shoes like that. Anyway, I declined the offer of letting the guy take my shoes home with him. Now I wonder what he might have done to them. I certainly wouldn't want to ever wear (or touch) them again.
Urgggl,
MG
Ps. Cinderella is the only source I've ever found, and they're very good, but expensive. The main problem is the lag phase between REALLY wanting a new pair of shoes and when I get them. Takes most of the fun out of them.
Pps. Time to buckle the strap on my mary janes and go out.

Last edited:
I guess I am an atypical female. Shoes do nothing for me. I go for comfort over style, always have. Of course, now, I can't wear heels. After a broken ankle, pelvis, and messed up knee and hip joint, I don't want half of my feet three inches off the floor.

(Course, I prefer to be barefoot most of the time anyway...)

CM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: )*&^%&#!!

MathGirl said:
Dear Shere,
When I was in grad school, one of the postdocs was extremely interested in my feet and shoes. He even offered to take a pair of my shoes home to clean and polish them for me.

My professor used to take my panties to his house to be washed in Woolite with his handkerchiefs every week, but I thought it was just to save water. You don't think...?

Nah.

'after' Maths...

You know, it's amazing to me how innocence or naivete can protect one's self. Years, even decades, later I recalled incidents of my girlhood and realized what a strange man really meant, implied or intended. At the time I was utterly ignorant about sex and men, yet something, somewhere in me told me to leave, or ignore them. Some people might say it was god or an angel, but I know the thing that saved me was me, the yet unformed or unearthed person I became.

Perdita

Re: 'after' Maths...

perdita said:
You know, it's amazing to me how innocence or naivete can protect one's self. Years, even decades, later I recalled incidents of my girlhood and realized what a strange man really meant, implied or intended. At the time I was utterly ignorant about sex and men, yet something, somewhere in me told me to leave, or ignore them. Some people might say it was god or an angel, but I know the thing that saved me was me, the yet unformed or unearthed person I became.

Perdita

Thank God most of us are born with an instinct to avoid men who wear raincoats in fair weather and call themselves Mister Squiggly.

I remember the U of Wisconsin had a problem with a guy who would creep around the library looking for co-eds who’d fallen asleep. Then he would remove one of their shoes and paint their toenails. They never caught him.

---dr.M.

dr_mabeuse said:
I remember the U of Wisconsin had a problem with a guy who would creep around the library looking for co-eds who’d fallen asleep. Then he would remove one of their shoes and paint their toenails. They never caught him.

---dr.M.

Free pedicure? Cool.

Back