Should there be a seperate category for Historical Stories?

Should Historical Stories have a seperate category?

• Yes historical stories belong together in a seperate category.

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • No the erotic story regardless of setting is defined only by the sexual activity.

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
I have to agree...in fact...

Yes, adding a separate Historical category would be great.

In fact, I am thinking about posting a question about a Supernatural category. For instance, in my three stories posted thus far (pretty small compared to some of you, but ah well), I have the first set in Germany somewhere between 100 C.E. and 300 C.E., but it involves a woman having and encounter with a witch (as well as mentioning something else, perhaps a vampire). The second and third also deal with magic, but the heroine has her encounter with a living statue/faerie-like being. Because of the vagarities about the nonhuman category (is a witch human? Probably.) I didn't feel that the first story would fit there, so I posted it in Fantasy/Sci-Fi. Now, the other stories could have been in the Nonhuman category, but, again, I felt they were closer in tone to the Fantasy/Sci-Fi (even though they took place in present-day).

Now for me, I think a Supernatural category would better suit those stories...and probably all those stories about Vampires and such, rather than the nonhuman or Fantasy/Sci-Fi.

...hmmm... anyway, that was my mini-rant. Don't mind me.

TwVa

I agree, but...

When I first joined, we had a lot less categories, I posted some of my stories in the BD category, which now really don't belong there.

I enjoy the historical, but my research is sadly lacking, so I put them into romance, but because of my lack of research I tend to put fantasy places. Therefore where should it go?

I realise that categorising is so difficult, if it has a touch of BD, Anal, Gay, group etc, where should it go?

Maybe sub categories within the theme, Historical, Romance, BD, or Sci fi/Fantasy.

I know it would take a lot of work for Laurel and Manu, and they have added the sci fi and fantasy and a few others since I joined and the Edit function to stories.

Maybe it is up to us to put the words into the keyword area.

So a search for Regency, would find the keyword.

Most of out stories cover erotica in some way, that is why we are here, so I think we must define our own stories, the basic theme, is it historical with a romantic theme or is it sexual with a BD scene/but still romantic, is it with two or three people males or females, how many?
Does it include violence or anal?

Maybe defining it yourself within the title!
eg. Back in Time - Historical - Fantasy
Back in Time - Historical - Group Sex - anal
Back in Time, - Historical - Romance - soft sex

I need to move some of mine as I now see they are in the wrong categories.

I think we need to make more use of the keyword search, but yes it would be nice to have sub categories, but I think that is a bit to much at this time!

NNow I must re-edit my stories and add many keywords!
I had Viking as one, and dragon of course!

Back