Snowballing with 15-inches - It's not what you think

oggbashan said:

Haven't had a frost since January.

Og

Spoke too soon. Had the first frost last night. It took me all of ten seconds to clear my windscreen.

Og

oggbashan said:
Spoke too soon. Had the first frost last night. It took me all of ten seconds to clear my windscreen.

Og

Yeah, it's been brass monkey weather out there today, by my wimpish standards, anyway.

Lou

It's been an exciting storm so far. Not completely cleaned up, but getting there.

It started sooner for us, vincent, on the Western edge of Connecticut. Our biggest problem is that we are on the top of a mountain that is a subdivided dairy farm, so nothing to break the wind. clean off driveway. two hours later, MORE snow in driveway. clean off driveway . . . etc. etc. So we just let ourselves get snowed in and wait . . . and wait . . . and this time with two storms it was a lot of waiting.

sunday night we were able to leave and check on some other family members, pick up the Sunday paper. Have some six foot drifts and the corresponding bare patches to 'match'.

In the middle of all this we were supposed to go pick up a son that was studying at Oxford and had completed his fall tutorials. Virgin-Atlantic sent him packing and told him to try again today. He's now inbound and we'll be on our way in a few hours to finally meet him.

Then we will be most happy with all the 'chicks' back in the nest.

I love the snow, but think I'm finally ready to think more in terms of visiting it, rather than living through it.

*sigh* I finally get the huge front porch and the driveway shovelled, and then today, whilst at work, the damn snow fell off the roof! Now the porch needs shovelling again......anyone interested in discussing a trade of services? *bats eyelashes*

Whisper :rose:

McKenna said:
Vincent I am SO incredibly jealous of your snow!!! It looks beautiful. And yes, I'd still think it looked beautiful after shoveling it for a couple of hours. :)

We got some snow here in Idaho in the higher elevations today, but only rain in the valley. :( More's the pity...

Yeah, it's real pretty in the first hour or two after the snowstorm, but then the trouble begins. In fact the reminder of how ugly things can get in the following days has given me the inspiration for another story.

We got more this past Sunday, during another Patriots game. You've got to love this: it snows, Pats win.

Zack, the funniest thing about the Snowmobile game was that Don Shula was helpless to stop it. His appeal to the ref was like something out of a Warner Brothers cartoon. There isn't anything in the rulebook that says an elephant can't play baseball. So Shula, who sat on the NFL rules committee made damn sure that there was a "No Snowmobiles" rule the following season.

I thought perhaps you were a transplanted Oakland fan. No thinking person outside of Oakland would ever conciously become a Raiders fan. :)

Anyway, back to the weather. Yes folks, it is true. We may have the THIRD Nor'easter of the AUTUMN on its way. Fortunately the last storm turned into rain and washed the snow away, but not before exhausting the snow removal funds for the year from the coffers of most cities and towns. Great call lowballing the snow removal money again guys. Man we've got some real geniuses around here.

Back