So why are you here?

Sara Crewe said:
Ah, zuts alors. Voyons donc! Je ne suis pas exotique? Sacré bleu! Je suis désolé.

I got my decoder ring out........

zut alors = album by frank Zappa
Sacré bleu! = a euphemism used by Paul Bunyan and Snidely Whiplash

Tathagata said:
Too Much

No one wants to see my body trust me
:rolleyes:

Awww I love all of you, but your heart most of all.

Anyway, Monkey Business is one of the best rock and roll songs ever, isn't it? So many wonderful covers of it are floating around the digital ether. Like this one~~

The Fab Faux and Conan O'Brien (Conan is suprisingly good; great garage band sound)

or this one~~

The Hollies (On Shindig, even. I'm guessing around late 66. See if you can identify the snippet of Beatles song snuck in there. Oh and Tzara you'll love the guitars.)

or~~

A fairly predictable Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers version. A concert cover, probably the encore. They look tired. But yknow it is Tom Petty, so it's never bad. Just not overly exciting.

I couldn't find two of my favorite covers of it. I have somewhere Bonnie Raitt and Bo Diddley. Great stuff. And a sweet, folk-rocky cover by the The Youngbloods.

I think I like the Conan cover best of these, but I'm a big Conan O'Brien fan.

Tathagata said:
I got my decoder ring out........

zut alors = album by frank Zappa
Sacré bleu! = a euphemism used by Paul Bunyan and Snidely Whiplash

Ah, tabernac! Le singe a besoin des lecons francaises. Champie? A-tu le temps et la langue?

Last edited:
Sara Crewe said:
Ah, zuts alors. Voyons donc! Je ne suis pas exotique? Sacré bleu! Je suis désolé.
Vous êtes la Canadienne exotique
à qui mon cependant coeur enthousiaste glacial
gèle dans quelque chose comme l'amour ou la vie
ou l'art ou la glace. Je suis votre étudiant.

Vous êtes
...............classe.

Tzara said:

Vous êtes
...............classe.

Tes mots sont commes des flocons
de neige. Toujours differents
et ensemble ils tombent doucement
sur ma langue
et me faire sourir.

Last edited:
Tzara said:

Vous êtes
...............classe.

Mon Dieu!

Hey, thanks for the welcome Ghost Girl....

Except I don't recognize that Lit. handle. Are you willing to reveal your former one?

I don't quite understand why people change Lit. names, that could be a good thread I suppose.

Yes, Tath is right the enjambent, etc. are merely the "mechanics" of the poem and speak nothing about the poet's life experience, inner feelings, passion etc. But like a story with excessive spelling errors, a poem with mechanical problems is already taking on water from the outset.

To use an analogy, it doesn't matter if I play a certain piano compostion with passion and fire if every other note is incorrect. The "head" and "heart" of the poet CAN be dovetailed to great effect, as anyone who has read a moving, well constructed poem will testify to!!

Sack

Sara Crewe said:
Tes mots sont commes des flocons
de neige. Toujours differents
et ensemble ils tombent doucement
sur ma langue
et me faire sourir.
LOL.. what she said again. ;) I do have a little of the "belle langue" but I read and listen far better than I speak and write.

sack said:
Except I don't recognize that Lit. handle. Are you willing to reveal your former one?

I don't quite understand why people change Lit. names, that could be a good thread I suppose.

Yes, Tath is right the enjambent, etc. are merely the "mechanics" of the poem and speak nothing about the poet's life experience, inner feelings, passion etc. But like a story with excessive spelling errors, a poem with mechanical problems is already taking on water from the outset.

To use an analogy, it doesn't matter if I play a certain piano compostion with passion and fire if every other note is incorrect. The "head" and "heart" of the poet CAN be dovetailed to great effect, as anyone who has read a moving, well constructed poem will testify to!!

Sack

Sack, my dear, an ( online) EX of mine, decided that when I deleted my Yahoo ID (which was the same as my Lit ID), that if he could not have me, he could have my online names. Maybe to intercept PM's from folks who did not know it was no longer me, I dont know, he is sort of controlling and twisted.

anyhoo, I am glad to see you back, last I heard from you, you were really sick and I hate for anyone to suffer, ya know?

:rose:

Last edited:
To be one of the 'mediocre' newbies but I have never been all there anyway .. but what the heck I can waffle (rabbit on/natter/etc) for England when they make it an Olympic sport ... Synchronised Waffling

i am here because this place is alive, has blood coursing through its veins.

sure, the poet in me also feeds on death and decay (that's here too), but there's nothing quite like life.

Tihmmnmm said:
Which here?
this here?
Right now, this precise here?
Yet I'm not here, really.
that's an impossibility.
Trick question.
Liar said:
This is not a place. I'm no more "here" than I'm in the envelope if I write a letter.

Trippy, huh?

I never considered the metaphysical applications of the word "here" - foolish me.
Sein und Zeit
Dasein

Well my day is made

of
ice-nine

Tathagata said:
genius
aaaaaaaaaahahahaha

yes monkey-buddy, if you had read what I refered too, That is eggs-ackly, what I would expect. Because I am a fucking genius.

Now tell me where did Eggs Ackley come from?
aaaaaaaaaahahahaha < humour ommm

I understand the ramifications of the word "here" in the context that Liar is referring to, however, it seems to me, that even in cyberspace, if we leave an imprint of our written or spoken word, an essence, we leave a teeny bit of ourselves, whether we like it or not. We even leave a bit of our soul in an envelope.

No, my body is no there. not even my breath, or my smile or the smell of my stinky sandals after walking in the rain. but there IS some part of me here. I have left a footprint, so to speak, in the universal consciousness. Until when and if the time comes that this website is annihilated, my words are here and so, by default, I am here.

I Am here, in an abstract sort of way.

and I am naked,

and I am watching you guys, muawahahaha

;)

twelveoone said:
yes monkey-buddy, if you had read what I refered too, That is eggs-ackly, what I would expect. Because I am a fucking genius.

Now tell me where did Eggs Ackley come from?
aaaaaaaaaahahahaha < humour ommm

Eggs Ackley was an R. Crumb creation. A straight man to Mr. Natural. Let me see if I can find him. Ah ok,

eggs%20ackley%205.jpg

Angeline said:
Eggs Ackley was an R. Crumb creation. A straight man to Mr. Natural. Let me see if I can find him. Ah ok,

eggs%20ackley%205.jpg

my Gosh, Ange, what a blast from the past.

All I ever knew Mr Natural as, was some really kick ass blotter back around 78 or 79.... :D

so he had a life elsewhere, huh, lol...how bout that

ghost_girl said:
my Gosh, Ange, what a blast from the past.

All I ever knew Mr Natural as, was some really kick ass blotter back around 78 or 79.... :D

so he had a life elsewhere, huh, lol...how bout that

My friends all had the R. Crumb comix. Cosmic Comix. :)

Between them and Little Annie Fanny in my dad's Playboys, it was quite an education.

wildsweetone said:
i am here because this place is alive, has blood coursing through its veins.

sure, the poet in me also feeds on death and decay (that's here too), but there's nothing quite like life.

Well said. Indeed. Damn straight.

bijou

Tzara said:

Vous êtes
...............classe.

Word.

twelveoone said:
I never considered the metaphysical applications of the word "here" - foolish me.
Sein und Zeit
Dasein
I'm nothing if not a semantic masturbator. Hear me roar.

Back