Story Rejection...Anyone willing to help me???

At the risk of being made to stand in the "sensitivity corner," I feel I should explain the mindset behind my earlier post.

Hopefully my questions weren't construed as an ill-mannered spike in the tire of our new kinder, gentler board; obviously, as somebody who [rather loudly] announced themselves via a rather similar plaint, [the dreaded "cliques" thread of yore] I very much espouse the "ne pas d'assholes" movement.

My reaction was based on what was apparently a misapprehension on my part as to MOM's motive in posting. The first post seemed straightforward enough- there are lots of "why was I rejected" posts, and these are sympathetic and understandable- most people are eager to help with these. However, in the subsequent post it then became a request for an editor [a topic which there is an entire board devoted to] and subsequent repeated requests for further explanation of the rejection were ignored- [of course, one might not want to state the reason out loud, but might one say as much instead of rudely brushing off people's attempts to assist?] And if MOM had already gone through an editor, why didn't he do her the courtesy of informing her of the details of his rejection and give her the opportunity of fixing her oversight?

Then came the "never mind, I know what it is now" post which seemed to negate the entire thread, making me assume (apparently erroneously) that MOM's intent all along was just to get a bunch of attention by inventing a fake question.

Appy Polly Loggies, MOM, for pegging you wrong at the outset.

Past observations of manipulative behavior have left me rather sensitive. There are a lot of inconsiderate would-be writers out there who think nothing of wasting the time of editors and their fellow authors with frivolous look-at-me posting, who expect feedback but don't give it, who indiscriminately post on the wrong boards, who don't take the time to research elementary questions for themselves, who appear like Christ's cufflinks and expect everyone else to rally round them and make all the effort.

To those people I would say, yes- your story is important. So is everyone else's. If that's negative and unfuzzy, so be it. I respect the time and effort my friends put into helping people, and I don't like to see them taken advantage of by psychic feedback vampires.

Anyway, I'm glad you're not one of them, MOM. I'm sure Couture will have you up and running in no time. Don't feel bad about rejection- it has happened to all of us, (mostly over formatting issues) and there is at least one post like yours every single day. Pick yourself up and move on :)

Best of luck with your re-submission.

miss blue-pen

MlledeLaPlumeBleu said:
there is at least one post like yours every single day. Pick yourself up and move on :)
Dear Miss Morose Crayon,
Now please share your feelings about having a story stuck endlessly in the 'pending' category.
MG

However, I've been reading some truly appalling vampire sex fiction of late on Lit- perhaps this is an area where Durtgirl might want to dip into her crusty inkwell? I mean, I think we can all see that Durtgirl has a goth side, just screaming to be free.

"I am, so, dark" Part 1........

I would like to take this opportunity to say a big "THANK YOU" to Couture. His input and ideas helped me so much!!! I feel very fortunate to have found such a nice and talented writer to help me fine-tune my story. I will certainly give credit to him when my story is posted. Afterall, he deserves it!!! Thanks again Couture.
Huggerz,
MY_OWWW_MY
(MOM *WINK*)

ps. He thinks my story idea is good...Yea!!!

My, very glad for you. Join some other threads, it really can be fun ;) .

Bravo, Couture!

best, Perdita

Ovinistically?

MlledeLaPlumeBleu said:
"I am, so, dark" Part 1........
Dear MdlPB,
Do you mean from the point of view (pardon the expression) of the black sheep?
MG

Just had a story rejected...

Laura explained it quite well, and I've fixed it to satisfy the guidelines set here. Hopefully this time it will go through. LOL

DS

MG-

Do you mean, the societal outcast, the noble savage, if you will????

No. I mean dorky vampire stories about velvet and blood and "dark passion"...with no punctuation.

MlledeLaPlumeBleu said:
No. I mean dorky vampire stories about velvet and blood and "dark passion"...with no punctuation.
I doubt that would work for DurtGurl. She's in her "sheep" period right now.
MG

MlledeLaPlumeBleu said:
MG-

Do you mean, the societal outcast, the noble savage, if you will????

noble savage sheep?

unpunctuated dorky vampire sheep?

Sorry ... I suppose that's what you get listening to private coversations.

MlledeLaPlumeBleu said:
I bet being goth would severely de-value your wool, as a sheep.

On the other hand they wouldn't have to pay a small fortune for mascara or black eye-shadow.

Gauche

Back