Stupid Picture Question!

Lauren Hynde said:
I think the original question referred to posted poems, not bulletin board images. The poems' and stories' layout is fixed width, and has nothing to do with screen resolution. :D

just give me numbers so i can write poems. lol. i'm a lout when it comes to technology as you know...

neonurotic said:
I am sure... especially with that animated illustrated she had.
The animated was the only one of mine that went a little over the 40kb limit, and I warned Laurel of it when I posted. That limit is to make sure images download quickly on everyone's computers; but my animation, by definition, could be downloaded a tiny fraction at a time, while it was being played, so it wouldn't matter if it had 80kb or 160. There would always have been more than enough time without causing problems. :)

Angeline said:
. . .
I find that the image quality at 40k is not very good, depending on the photo. I'm still not sure how large the file can be though if I keep the width at 450 pixels. Does anyone know?
. . .
If you are asking what the file size is, all you have to do is left click on the picture and then click on "properties".
My problem generally is that they image seems to degrade when I shrink its KB size down to 40, and also, at 450 pixels the words often become hard to read. :(
I have a lot of graphics programs (which I don't know how to use) and it doesn't seem to matter which one I use. :mad:

Rybka said:
If you are asking what the file size is, all you have to do is left click on the picture and then click on "properties".
My problem generally is that they image seems to degrade when I shrink its KB size down to 40, and also, at 450 pixels the words often become hard to read. :(
I have a lot of graphics programs (which I don't know how to use) and it doesn't seem to matter which one I use. :mad:
How big is your original art work? Angeline suggested a technique that works great for me awhile back. Try blowing up the art fairly large and using big text. I normally put the image at 1200 pixels and my text ends up being 60-80 font size, depending the font face used, then shrink it down to size. Also, work with the anti-aliaising and shadowing because they can have positive effects on the end result too if it's done right.

neonurotic said:
How big is your original art work? Angeline suggested a technique that works great for me awhile back. Try blowing up the art fairly large and using big text. I normally put the image at 1200 pixels and my text ends up being 60-80 font size, depending the font face used, then shrink it down to size. Also, work with the anti-aliaising and shadowing because they can have positive effects on the end result too if it's done right.
That's interresting. I tend to do the exact opposite of that. I make a 450x1000 pixels vide blank image, and then I work with that, so that I see directly how shadowing and font rendering will look. I'll have to try it your way one of those days, and see what happens. Never too late to learn new tricks.

Back