sublust is actually sub stupidity

WriterDom said:
<snip>
Pretty typical story I guess, we’ve heard similar ones here. I do have empathy for the online shoppers and I know there are success stories out there. But I think many submissives would be better served by getting involved in the skin and bones community rather than the virtual one.

I think that is a good point. The problem is, I think most new subs have a hard time, depending on geographic area, finding the real life community or getting the courage to show up at a munch alone.

WriterDom said:

good question

Why didn't you just answer the question in the first place? Why so mysterious?

WriterDom said:

so what do you know now that you didn't know a few weeks ago?

I am really not sure how to respond to your question, as I don't know your intent.

edited to remove a defensive dissertation concerning my personal life and choices.

I sure hope I am misreading your tone in the question, WD.

Last edited:
WriterDom said:
subNaive would probably be more accurate than stupidity or sublust. Putting your faith in anyone you meet over the computer where there is no accountability is just asking for trouble.

But I think many submissives would be better served by getting involved in the skin and bones community rather than the virtual one.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Making friends online is one thing, but there is really a slim to none chance of making a love connection in virtual space.

Good link, thanks. Hope some of you take the time to read it. Could be a good topic of discussion, too.

Re:Writer Dom:

WriterDom said:
subNaive would probably be more accurate than stupidity or sublust. Putting your faith in anyone you meet over the computer where there is no accountability is just asking for trouble.

There is this lady, I’ll call her R, I emailed a few times just because she was close by and on the bondage site. Nothing much more than “hi, where are you” kind of stuff, then one day I get a message saying she’s found her Master. So I wished her well. A couple of weeks later I noticed that she was checking in to bondage a lot more than usual so I asked her what was up. She said the guy had found someone closer who wanted him to be exclusive and he asked that R remove all references to him in her profile. He still wanted to see both of them, he just didn’t want the new sub to find about it.

Pretty typical story I guess, we’ve heard similar ones here. I do have empathy for the online shoppers and I know there are success stories out there. But I think many submissives would be better served by getting involved in the skin and bones community rather than the virtual one.

I couldnt agree with you more which is EXACTLY why I decided to Go meet Artful" in person"in August to make it REAL for us *BOTH* or SHOULD i JUST SAY MORE Real? as we have both always taken our online relationship just as serious as our skin to skin...getting involved in a BDSM community however is very hard for me as I dont drive or even own a vehicle ...:(

Back