Synonym Help

Mental note: never have dinner at Devinter's house.
It's totally safe!
da7b6e440e917d5da88b97faaea20bdb.gif

Maybe some of you great authors out there can help. I am looking for a synonym for a woman's natural vaginal lubrication. I'm looking for a noun, not an adverb. I use juice(s) far too much. I have seen dew and nectar, but I'm not too crazy about either of those. Sometimes, I use wetness, but I am not a big fan of that one either.

For example, I might use the phrase. "He loved the taste of her juices."

Please fill in the blank below.

He loved the taste of her ______.

Thanks in advance!!
:)
Mucosal secretion.

Em

As others have said, indirection is your friend.

• Wetness
  • Excitement
  • Arousal
  • Just “her”
I inhaled deeply, the the aroma of her arousal overwhelming me. She quivered as my extended tongue traced her glistening inner lips. Moving her legs further apart to accommodate me, these parted like a curtain revealing a hidden and heavenly world of damp pinkness. I collected a little of her wetness, savoring the divine taste. Then buried myself in her warm welcoming flesh, her excitement bathing me, filling my nostrils as she moaned with my ever deeper probing.

As others have said, indirection is your friend.

• Wetness
  • Excitement
  • Arousal
  • Just “her”
I inhaled deeply, the the aroma of her arousal overwhelming me. She quivered as my extended tongue traced her glistening inner lips. Moving her legs further apart to accommodate me, these parted like a curtain revealing a hidden and heavenly world of damp pinkness. I collected a little of her wetness, savoring the divine taste. Then buried myself in her warm welcoming flesh, her excitement bathing me, filling my nostrils as she moaned with my ever deeper probing.
I like 'excitement' in that context. "the scent/taste of her excitement" are kind of my go-to. arousal works well too and I should rotate it in.

'wetness' is as close as I get to anything directly describing it, as anything past that just seems really clunky and disruptive to the moment

I think we mentally fill our own blanks in there automatically as we read and there's always a danger that you hit half your audience with something that becomes off-putting if you get much more graphic/visceral.

Just my opinion, but I trust the reader is going to add all the detail themselves to that moment and I'm just trying to stay out of the way

(might just be my raging misogyny, but it feels like there's a lot more latitude in describing male emissions before you hit the same threshold)

(might just be my raging misogyny, but it feels like there's a lot more latitude in describing male emissions before you hit the same threshold)

Most of the options for describing male emissions are pretty awful.
"Babby batter" might actually be worse than "girl cum".

Maybe some of you great authors out there can help. I am looking for a synonym for a woman's natural vaginal lubrication. I'm looking for a noun, not an adverb. I use juice(s) far too much. I have seen dew and nectar, but I'm not too crazy about either of those. Sometimes, I use wetness, but I am not a big fan of that one either.

For example, I might use the phrase. "He loved the taste of her juices."

Please fill in the blank below.

He loved the taste of her ______.

Thanks in advance!!
:)
From Le Monde -

"Let's face it: Sex is about an activity (and an organ) that gets wet. This summer and fall, sex columnist Maïa Mazaurette is donning her scuba suit to help us uncover these fluids. This week, it's all about women: We're going into their panties to discuss the liquid expression of their arousal.

- Practical fact sheet: From the Latin nickname "Cypris" referring to Venus, the goddess of love, cyprine is the name of the vaginal secretion triggered by sexual arousal. This translucent, even slightly milky liquid is produced by the blood vessels of the vaginal mucosa and lubricates the entrance to the vagina to allow a penis, fingers or cucumber to pass through (but it's dangerous if it breaks, as your favorite emergency doctor will tell you). How wonderful nature is."

So, cyprine it is. :)

pussy potion
cunt cream
twat trickle
sex stream
love hole lubricant
mommy milk
crack cream
fanny fluid
jill gel
girl goo
vaginal volley
feminine flow
fuck flow
pussy puree
cunt current
genital jet stream
bodacious brine

So many options.

pussy potion
cunt cream
twat trickle
sex stream
love hole lubricant
mommy milk
crack cream
fanny fluid
jill gel
girl goo
vaginal volley
feminine flow
fuck flow
pussy puree
cunt current
genital jet stream
bodacious brine

So many options.
Finding a curious irony that your user name ends in Doom right now... LOL

might be a whole thread in itself: rate the synonyms for male ejaculate based on descriptive accuracy, offensive imagery, implied maturity of the user and plausible use in a medical/crime drama

I don’t like jism (the word, not the…). Again indirection works. I do use semen and cum. But salty jets, warmth flooding me, bathed by his warm spurts and so on.

Em

it's a tough balance.

something that sounds like it won't get you fired as a high school biology teacher is going to kill the mood just as fast as something that is going to cause your average frat boy to make Natty Light shoot out of his nose if he hears it at the wrong moment

always feels safer to work with what the character is feeling and imply what's being released in the moment

just like in real life, you have to have developed some common ground before you ramp up the dirty talk and even then it's a minefield of plausible choices that just as easily might instantly take the hearer from arousal to 'nope'. better be on your game.

This feels like a job for an online thesaurus.
I doubt if Roget had anything like these words in his lexicon. At least, not the one he published.
If you don't like nectar, dew, or juices, you can just look for synonyms of those and hop around until something strikes your fancy. Or go generic and use liquid words like fluid.

Fluid sounds technical, but maybe that's because I did a lot of technical writing back in the day, where things like fluid mechanics were bandied about. And you've got lighter fluid, for those who remember what Zippo lighters were.
One quasi-technical term is grool, but not too many people know or enjoy hearing that word for some reason.

Never heard that one.

My go-to alternative to "juices" is "wetness."

That promises to be a soggy, swampy tale...

Oh, you have no idea. I also went through the "What kicks you out of a story" thread and just threw as much of it in there as I could manage to create the most horrible abomination whilst still being readable. But there's a twist. ;) I think you'll like it. Ehehe.

Back