The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

I believe (my mother keeps up with this stuff, not I) that most of my German relatives are in the greater Munich area. My grandfather's grandfather migrated to America to serve in the Union army during the American Civil War. I may make it to visit there one day, but it isn't high on the priority list.

I like your joke - it makes a point, too. I don't know much German. I had a Brazilian subcontract crew working on a job I was supervising, and to a man, they were horrible. There are two languages to speak here on a job, English and Spanish. They were bad at one and worse at the other. I would walk past them some mornings when they looked particularly lazy and would shout at them "achtung, scheisskopfen! Macht schnell!" Of course, they didn't understand what I said, but every other piece of the communication had the desired effect.

The purpose of language is to communicate. You are communicating with a herd of silly Americans very effectively. Welcome to our group. Please, keep coming back!!!
It was probably the "Wat Glower" that did it! 😅🤣😘

I'm like MacGyver! I will get out.

Yep

??
cute giraffe
Good boy

I'm sorry Wat, I'm not sure why I'm messing with you again. I guess it's been so long, I popped like the 100th red balloon.
whacky090
I'll stop. Forgive me? :D
I'm thinking Wat likes it! 😅😅

Happy Tuesday!!! Coffee on board.

Yesterday was productive, mostly, in spite of. Didn't feel like it but did it anyway and it went better. May have an old car deal on a ride I really want one of. Got a call about a job with mo' money (lots). Maybe - we'll see. Good where I am otherwise. I guess it's All About Me. :D

Okay, back to Earth. Tuesdays are long days here.
That's amazing, Wat. When will you interview?

I've been going gray since before I was "a woman" (shows up on my mom's side of the family here & there). Silver & Black was the IT color combo a while back. One of my sisters had a silver/black wedding. She told the stylist to accentuate my gray and make it stand out & shine.

That same year, I had a customer in the office ask where I got my hair done. Her friend clued me in that she wanted to know who colored my hair. She was hella pissed to hear that Mother Nature was my hair stylist. She may have thought I was just keeping a good stylist a secret, but that wasn't it at all.

ETA: changed wording
I get the same questions about my color and curls. Both are my own!

The "Q" word is banned in every ICU I've ever worked! It wakes up the gods of chaos! 🤣🤣🤣
Oh it seems like just asking for trouble :p

Good morning, its 10:00 in the morning here

And good morning :) Just past 9am here, I've already done a yoga class and am feeling strangely awake for a Thursday morning - neither of these are as common as they should be, alas...!

Back