The Commentary Thread

I was wondering if I could borrow one or two for my sig line.

The space below this message is barren and I am at a loss for words!

:eek:

No, really!

:D

Bunny

I've always wanted to ask you, why is 42 the answer to life, the universe and everything?

I have no commentary for you all, its way too early and I'm still glowing from Master's new belt. Maybe later

beany

Edited for correct punctuation, I'm still in space.

The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Many races believe that it was created by some sort of god, though the Jatravartid people of Viltvodle VI believe that the entire Universe was in fact sneezed out of the nose of a being called the Great Green Arkleseizure.
The Jatravartids, who live in perpetual fear of the time they call The Coming of the Great White Hankerchief, are small blue creatures with more than fifty arms each, who are therefore unique in being the only race in history to have invented the aerosol deodorant before the wheel.
However, the Great Green Arkleseizure Theory is not widely accepted outside Viltvodle VI and so, the Universe being the puzzling place it is, other explanations are constantly being sought.
For instance, a race of hyperintelligent pan-dimensional beings once built themselves a gigantic super computer called Deep Thought to calculate once and for all the Question to the Ultimate Answer of Life, the Universe and Everything.
For seven and a half million years, Deep Thought computed and calculated, and in the end announced that the answer was in fact Fourty-two - and so another, even bigger, computer had to be built to find out what the actual question was.
And this computer, which was called the Earth, was so large that it was frequently mistaken for a planet - espeecially by the strange apelike beings who roamed its surface, totally unaware that they were simply part of a gigantic computer program.
And this is very odd, because without that fairly simple and obvious piece of knowledge, nothing that ever happened on the Earth could possibly make the slightest bit of sense.

-The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Addams

bunny bondage said:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Many races believe that it was created by some sort of god, though the Jatravartid people of Viltvodle VI believe that the entire Universe was in fact sneezed out of the nose of a being called the Great Green Arkleseizure.
The Jatravartids, who live in perpetual fear of the time they call The Coming of the Great White Hankerchief, are small blue creatures with more than fifty arms each, who are therefore unique in being the only race in history to have invented the aerosol deodorant before the wheel.
However, the Great Green Arkleseizure Theory is not widely accepted outside Viltvodle VI and so, the Universe being the puzzling place it is, other explanations are constantly being sought.
For instance, a race of hyperintelligent pan-dimensional beings once built themselves a gigantic super computer called Deep Thought to calculate once and for all the Question to the Ultimate Answer of Life, the Universe and Everything.
For seven and a half million years, Deep Thought computed and calculated, and in the end announced that the answer was in fact Fourty-two - and so another, even bigger, computer had to be built to find out what the actual question was.
And this computer, which was called the Earth, was so large that it was frequently mistaken for a planet - espeecially by the strange apelike beings who roamed its surface, totally unaware that they were simply part of a gigantic computer program.
And this is very odd, because without that fairly simple and obvious piece of knowledge, nothing that ever happened on the Earth could possibly make the slightest bit of sense.

-The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Addams

eeeeeeeeee! That's my favorite series ever! Douglas Addams should get some huge statue errected of him and the hitchhiker's guide...he's that great.

MasterKensbeany said:
Bunny

I've always wanted to ask you, why is 42 the answer to life, the universe and everything?

I have no commentary for you all, its way too early and I'm still glowing from Master's new belt. Maybe later

beany

Edited for correct punctuation, I'm still in space.

i know you were talking to the other bunny, but i feel a need to coment anyway (cause i'm nosey like that!) You should read the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy books...they're really the best things ever. Ooh, i have this incredible urge to spoil an important part...but i shall keep my mouth shut *zips the lips*

Hmm Am I the only one who is a bit green with envy that beany was in space when she posted?

Ahhh those were the days!

:p

MissTaken said:
Hmm Am I the only one who is a bit green with envy that beany was in space when she posted?

Ahhh those were the days!

:p

haven't bee in space...still waiting...

"Life is an adventure, not a problem to solve."

A dear friend shared that with me last night and it really gave me pause to think.

How am I approaching life?

Can I do it differently?

Pessimist?
Optimist?

ya da ya da ya da

Just thought I would share.........

zipman7 said:
For the ladies:

Two in the bush is better than one in the hand! ;)

heeheehee..that one's good.

and actual old saying from some foreign country: "it is better to eat all you can with your grandfather's fork" is that weird or what?

Back